[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - New on here

New on here

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New on here

Postby vonneyrose » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:35 pm

Hi all. My name is Jo and I am 51.
I was diagnosed almost 2 years ago and have been trying to come to terms with things since. The randomness of the symptoms and their severity left me in disbelief that this was here to stay. I would, at times, even convince myself I was fine on a good day reinforcing my denial.

My family - two children now aged 15 and 12, my partner and my dog have been amazing but have gone through some pretty awful times with me.

I work but have to be very mindful of my commitments. Being self employed allows me to carry on the work I love (I'm a therapist) but that doesn't always pay the bills.

Basically I have accepted what I have, that it isn't going away and that I need to be the best I can be on any given day. Hence I'm here! Looking to find some common ground, positivity and constructive support and realism :D
It's been like a breath of fresh air reading some of the posts.

Here's to a good New year! :D
Jo xxx

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD
vonneyrose
UKFM Newbie

Re: New on here

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:58 pm

:welcome: to our little escape from it all Jo :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: I've jiffled you over into here with this being your intro as it's a more suitable part.

You'll find a good amount of the things you're looking for on here, as well as a few more little gems to add to things :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: The boards are full of info and advice, we understand what each of us can go thru and try to offer support and understanding to help get thru the FibroDays. There is positivity as well, along with an unusual sense of humour :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Anything that you want to know about, all you need to do is ask and we'll try to help you with an answer :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Fibro Fi » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:25 pm

Hi Jo.
Happy new year!
So glad to hear you are moving forward in acceptance. A chronic illness is hard to accept. Think I'm only just getting there myself!
Wishing you all the very best for the year ahead!
Much love.
Fiona.
Fibro Fi
UKFM Member

Postby vonneyrose » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:28 pm

Thank you! I'm really glad to have found this site.

I knew it was there but needed the Xmas break to look properly. I know I need to be in touch with people that also have fibro. It can be a very lonely place. I'm feeling really hopeful of a place to escape and also acknowledge what's happening :-D
vonneyrose
UKFM Newbie

Postby vonneyrose » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:48 pm

Hi Fiona
Thanks for your reply and Happy New Year to you too.

Yes I agree entirely. It is one of the things in life that can be empathised with but
when you are in it, you really appreciate how difficult it can be.

I think it's time now for me to find ways, other than my work, to enjoy life more
from where I am now (if that makes sense) . Although today is a day of struggling to move...
I am able to look on here.

Glad to hear you are getting there in terms of acceptance.
It sounds like it's been a long journey.

All best wishes. Jo :-)
vonneyrose
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello