Just diagnosed

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Just diagnosed

Postby Shazzy3004 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:30 pm

Hi, am Sharon and have just been diagnosed about two months ago with fibromyalgia. The thing is I have been having the symptoms of pain and tiredness for a long time and my old GP kept saying it was wear and tear, went to a new GP and was diagnosed with this. I have looked up the typical symptoms and could tick every box, was nearly in tears when I finally had a name for what I was feeling. Was feeling ok but in the run up to christmas my pain is awful, feel like I have the aches and pains of flu, feeling the cold all the time and had a headache for two weeks. Going to make another appt for GP as my restless legs have been ridiculous and the pain is getting my down. I'm hoping that it will eventually quieten down and I might start to feel better soon. :-?

Came on this hoping to find some folk who are going through what I'm going through and can understand how I feel.

Thanks Sharon 8-)
Shazzy3004
UKFM Newbie

Re: Just diagnosed

Postby denys » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:22 pm

Hi Sharon and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Lisa_D » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:07 pm

Hi Sharon, I too have recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Finally something to tell others what is wrong. I mean you can't exactly say well I have chronic joint pain, fatigue, dry itchy skin, irritable bowl, headaches, sinus trouble and now sore dry itchy eyes. Who wants to listen to me rhyme all that off now I can say my Fibromyalgia has flared up. I had to give in new years day and sleep as much as I could just to try and mask the pain between bouts of submerging my hands in hot water. Anyway sorry for the rant I've just joined this forum. Hope you find some relief soon.

;-) x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Lisa_D
UKFM Newbie

Postby Shazzy3004 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:47 pm

Rant away! There is nothing worse than being in pain. My hubby must think I'm a hypochondriac ha ha. I am always moaning lately about bring cold, aching all over and having a headache. It's good to talk to someone else who has just been diagnosed. I had a look at other posts on this site and was a bit scared as it sounds as if it just gets worse and there are a lot of folk on DLA. I just want it to ease off as it's been like this for a couple of weeks with pain and cold and am fed up of it. I was the same and ended up on New Year's Eve feeling ill and going to bed early then laid on the couch New Year's Day. Please feel free to chat its good to hear someone else has problems. By the way.. Happy new year :-P
Shazzy3004
UKFM Newbie

Postby cazonline » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:06 pm

Hi Sharon and Lisa_D welcome to the forum.

I too am new to the site.

My name is Caroline im 38 have a 4 year old daughter and lisa_D I too have 3 boys the ones with paws and fur (cats) lol :-D

I was diagnosed just before xmas 2013 with FM and Raynauds disease. I also have IBS, SAD and scoliosis.

Yes how do we explain all our elimates to other people. such a good question. To be honest my close family and parents only know but I haven't told my friends. I don't have many friends. I find most friends want you to go out etc( as friends do) I find this so hard work let alone be able to actually step foot out of the house. Although I do feel isolated. Can't win really :(

My new year has started again with chronic pain in my lower back and knees. My partner is having to take over will the little one which Im grateful for but I get so frustated that I cant manage her myself. Memory is shocking lately. Conversations either on the phone or with my family is a joke. My partner fills the gaps in for me. Its like he has an crystal ball and know want a supposed to say nxt. I used to think i was going mad not being able to complite sentences but I now know this is Fibro fog.(such a pain) :-x

After reading some of the message in this forum most definately know how you both are feeling.

Happy new year :-)
cazonline
UKFM Member

Postby vonneyrose » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:32 pm

Hi. I am new too.
I feel a bit odd about it all because it's only now I know more about fibro that I realise I've prob had it a long time.
Although I work when I can, I don't have the energy to go out with regular regular friends so am really missing that. That's why I came on here.

I'd love to know if there's something I can claim to supplement my income or to pay someone to do any of the lists of things that I can't.

I have two kids aged 15 and 12 and a partner. They when I'm losing grip... can't think of names, words and mix them round when I can remember lol. Sometimes I like them filling in the gaps... sometimes I hate it.

As for pain, my go has been great and I now have a package of meds that works for me. That's the difficulty the go has, fibro is similar yet also unique to each of us so it was trial and error till certain things worked. Well worth the trying tho.

I would love to chat anytime.
All best wishes Jo

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD
vonneyrose
UKFM Newbie

Postby vonneyrose » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:35 pm

That was meant to be 'GP' not 'go' lol

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD
vonneyrose
UKFM Newbie

Postby whoami » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:50 pm

Sharon, Lisa, Caroline and Jo, Welcome!

I have been on this forum for less than a year. It is great. There are wonderful loving, caring, understanding people here who know how to listen and what to listen for.

I have been diagnosed for 25 years. I live in Canada but I am originally from North Yorkshire.and have been on a full disability for 25 years.

I can't help with where you apply for disability benefits/ financial support in the UK but there are many here that do get help and can help you.

Gentle hugs to all, Lorraine
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby debsmith » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:41 am

Hia all of you

I'm a "fairly" newbie too mid oct last year,its really quite overwelming when 1st diagnosed isn't it,took me a while to accept what I have at min I still work "but" 4 how long ??? As seems each flippin week a new thing starts grrrr! I applied 4 PIP in november and still waiting!!!! I've rang a few times too! Tel numb: 08458503322 good luck I sent lots of info with mine copys of hospital letters etc,I think its called esa if ur not working I "think" I miss being able to do what I want to do! And even housework I miss lol I'm very lucky my daughter is amazing!! I too have pets used to foster dogs too have 2 woofs,1 cat,lost my dear old mr p last year :( and a 7 year old guinnee pig,when I finish work I cannot do a thing in SO much pain :( and coming to terms with I don't think I can work 4 much longer seeing rhummi 2morrow see what's what go from there and had operation new yrs eve feeling quite crappy at min like us all I do try + kick my own butt each day but.............its tough xxxx
debsmith
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello