New to Fibromyalgia and this forum

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New to Fibromyalgia and this forum

Postby Lisa_D » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:38 pm

Hi I am Lisa. I'm a 33yr old mam of four kids (two of my kids have paws and fur). I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in December 2013 and came across this forum via the Facebook page. My mam also has a Fibromyalgia, so we constantly compare ailments. I have been prescribed amitryptline (excuse spelling), paracetamol, ibuprofen and codeine. I'll be honest I'm not one for accepting medication so finding some kind of relief is a struggle. I currently have the chronic joint pain, fatigue, ibs, headaches, sinus trouble, disturbed sleep, dry itchy skin and now dry itchy eyes. When someone asks what's wrong or how are you how on earth do you rhyme off all of that. So now what? I say oh it's my Fibromyalgia, and people look at you in disbelief and ask what's that? A school friend of mine has recently opened a therapy centre and I've management to get booked in for a full sensitivity test on Tuesday, it will test me to see what foods, drinks and airbornes I could be allergic to and test me for deficiencies.

New Year's Day hit me like a ton of bricks and left me defeated to my worst. Not something I like to do but I had to take to my bed :-( in between bouts of submerging my hands in hot water to relieve some of the pain.
Well this is me I best stop now, for one it's hurting my hands to hold the phone for too long. Wishing you all a bearable week.

;-) x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Lisa_D
UKFM Newbie

Re: New to Fibromyalgia and this forum

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:56 pm

HI Lisa & :welcome:

Good luck at the treatment centre. We do all seem to have many sensitivities, i hope your friend can help :-D
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby whoami » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:53 pm

Hi Lisa! Welcome
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby debsmith » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:24 am

Hia lisa

I too have fur and paws lol and 7yr old guinnee pig bless him :) good luck at treatment centre I'm off to see the rhummi 2morrow see what's said its a struggle isn't it this site it great!! :welcome: :-) :-)
debsmith
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:03 pm

Hi Lisa and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello