[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - hello from new member

hello from new member

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hello from new member

Postby ellewill » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:08 pm

Hi all I have just become a member of your forum. My name is Elaine and I am 39 years old. I am a renal dialysis nurse. I have a lovely husband and two beautiful children not to mention a nutty but stunning bichon fries. also like my child lol. I have been suffering the pain and other symptoms of fibromyalgia for several years now. it was brought on by a spinal injury that resulted in surgery. I am still waiting for a definite diagnosis although my GP thinks it is definatey fibro. I am suffering a lot of symptoms like kidney infections insomnia pain everywhere fibro fog to name just a few. but a new symptom has appeared in the last six weeks and I am wondering if anyone else has this or if it is yet another random problem. My hands wrists and all the individual joints in my fingers and joints are swollen and so painful I can hardly open a jar or even squirt toothpaste from the tube, I have visited my gp who did bloods but I am yet to have the results. Am I alone in this. I would be so grateful to have some advice and support. some days I think I am coping so well then others I am so depressed I used to be so active theses days I struggle to clean my house properly. thank you in advance for any advice, and I hopr your all having an easy time and not in a flare up. kind regards. elle. :cry:
ellewill
UKFM Newbie

Re: hello from new member

Postby gail.farrow.3 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:03 am

Hi Elaine I am new to this forum and this is my first attempt at posting on it so I hope I am doing this right. I have very similar symptoms with my hands and joints. I am also a nurse although in Occupational Health and my fibro was diagnosed 2 years after my second spinal surgery following a car accident. My rheumatologist believes my wrist, hands and finger joint pain and swelling is due to Inflammatory OA and fibro. Hope they diagnosis you soon then you may get some treatment which may help.

Sent from my iPad using
Gail
gail.farrow.3
UKFM Newbie

Postby monkeypirate » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:01 am

Hi, :-D

I'm new too but I have pain in the top joints of all my fingers, the base of my thumb joints and my wrists. The x-rays showed they were consistant with ostio-arthritis but that was a year and a half ago and before I was diagnosed with fibro.
It gets much worse in cold or damp weather.
Always be yourself . . . Unless you can be a pirate.. . .Then always be a pirate.
monkeypirate
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:41 am

:welcome: to our little sanctuary Elaine and Gail :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Elaine, quite a few of us on here are owned by furryends, each with a bit of a nutty twist to their characters, so both you and your ickle bichon are in good company :dogrun1: My furryend is a springie girl, and her little bit of nuttyness is..........she doesn't like going for a walk :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Whilst swelling/inflammation have generally been discounted as a symptom/problem of FM, there seems to be an increasing number of people experiencing it, with GPs attributing it to FM if there isn't any other possible cause. There has also been a little investigation into possible links between

Hope you'll find being part of our FibroFamily helpful and supportive. We each seem to understand what others are experiencing and share what we found along the way in our FibroQuests in the hope that it will be of help to others.

Anything that either of you want to know about, all you need to do is ask and we'll try to help you with it :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby ellewill » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:26 pm

Hi and thanks so much to everybody that took the time to reply to me, It is heartwarming to see that there is support out there and while it is sad that so many people are suffering from fibro, it makes a difference talking to similar people, and to hear how everybody manages to cope. Gail I am already on gabapentin because of my spinal surgery I also take tramadol so there is nothing else doctor will give me anyway. I more want the diagnosis so that I can confirm im not going mad and Im not a hyopochondriac. you will all know how hard it is on times telling people that your ill again when it seems like your moaning about something all the time. my husband and my children also my parents are amazing I am lucky. my mam does a lot for me but I get mad with myself for not being able to do it, although I am still managing too hold down a full time job, as you are gail I hope your having more good than bad days, at the moment I am not.

your ickle springie sounds beautiful, its so funny how they have their own little ways. my bichon is mad crazy about tea, its hard to drink a full cup as she practically has her face in my cup as im trying to drink it I end up giving it to her as she is so cute I cant resist. big bugs to everyone, stay well. :crazy:
ellewill
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:08 pm

hi and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby felinefine » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:52 am

Hi and a big welcome to you :-D

One of my first major flare ups I had pins and needles and numb hands. Over the last couple of weeks my hands have been unbearable and the numbness, pain etc travels up to my elbows. During this time I have not been able to wear my rings every day and at times they are really swollen. I also am on Gabapentin, it not a side effect is it? I have been advised to up this to 300mg x 3 a day. I wondered what dose you are on and if it helps and if you have effects from it. My Doc had reservations as said I may be confused, irritable and anxious. I am already sometimes .......
felinefine
UKFM Member

Postby Tracie » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:05 pm

Hi and welcome
Tracie
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:18 pm

Hi! Welcome to our fibro family.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby debsmith » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:31 pm

Hia welcome

My furry nut jobs are katie ( australian kelpi ) ball + frizbee mad chases and bites hoover plus tea lover too,alfie my very camp cat who will eat salad LOL!!! Oscar hmmmmmm what can I say staff X 8mths a total loooooonnnniiiieeeeeee!!! But very sweet exept when we pop out he will in half hour make house look like it wasn't touched! We love him tho and our elderly guinee pig age 7 re: ur medz can u see differant dr to see if u can either b refered to pain clinic or gp let u try something else??? Tbh tho me like so many of us take so much we could open our own chemist and at times just takes that raw edge off trial+error too ( with ) gp help I'm on pregablin,butrans patches,co-codimal,anatriptiline + lots of hot water bottles + deep heat max strength as I find volterol gel rubbish xxx :dogchasecat1: :cat2: guinea_pi_1 :welcome:
debsmith
UKFM Member

Postby ellewill » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:07 pm

Hia debsmith your animal family sound amazing. My bichon has a thing for chicken as well. She will howl like a wolf if there is any being cooked or cooling. If we ignore her on purpose she barks at us soooooo funny. I have been on fentanyl patches in the past i came off them as hated how they made me feel. To felinefine. Im taking 300mg three times a day. 40mg citalopram 500mg naproxen twice a day 100mg macrodantin for waterworks and slow release tramadol 300mg daily. On really bad days i will take two30/500mg co codamol as well. I feel sometines like my life revolves around pain relief. AS do many of you no doubt. I dont think my hand trouble side effect all my bloods normal no rheumatoid def pointing to fibro. Had letter today am ob rheumatology list hopefully diagnosis will come soon thanks for replies everyone. Xx :-D
ellewill
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello