Hello from a newbie

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello from a newbie

Postby Meggie46 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:12 pm

Hiya Everybody, i'm a newbie to the forum but not fibromyalgia i was diagnosed about 2.5 yrs ago but iv been suffering for over 5 yrs probably and didn't realise thing is its getting worse now. The pain is getting stronger and its getting harder for me to control it with the medication i take Gabapentin and Solpadol i wonder if anybody can suggest alternative meds for me to take that may help iv already tried Tramadol another one that was suggested but it gave me hallucinations an bad dizzy spells lol :crazy:

Thank you Meggie 46
Meggie46
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello from a newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:22 pm

:welcome: to our little FibroFamily Meggie :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

I've split your post off from the topic you had originally posted on and make it into a topic of it's own. That way, replies you get won't be mixed in with ones made in relation to the OP of the other topic.

It's difficult to suggest alternative meds to people as what may make a difference to one may not do so for another :roll: :roll: :roll: This Linky explains about some of the types of meds used to try and manage FM. You could have a bit of a looky then go and see your GP to find out what might be suitable for you to try.

Wrt your current cocktail, an alternative to Gabapentin is Pregabalin. It's a very similar med, but seems to be more effective for some. You could ask about the possibility of swapping to it and see what your GP has to say.

There are many mentions of different meds on the Treatments And Medication board, so looking on there might be another thing to do to give you some ideas to ask your GP about.

There is lots of other info and advice across all the boards, so have a bit of a read as you find your way around the place. Anything you want to know about, just ask and we'll try and help you with it :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: Hello from a newbie

Postby denys » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:09 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello