I'm really struggling

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I'm really struggling

Postby reenielou » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:49 pm

Hello every1 im new here, have just been given painkillers for FM which ive never heard off. i have been suffering with pain for about 7 yrs, its has got worse in the last 2. im only 27 and feel like im falling apart. I have read some comments about head preasure, i suffer with this constantly, and when im stressed or worry n upset its worse. i do cry and get angry alot with life and ppl. Also the comment about no matter how you sit or lay its causes nothing but pain, this also affects me and really would just like to know how ppl deal with this everyday, as i find any little thing makes my pain worse. i dont eat,sleep or go any due to this, and any little knock hurts so much. Oh also does any1 else have falls i fall up and down the stair alot due to pain and my legs just givin, and living in a 3 floor house theres alot of stairs thankyou x
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Additional punctuation added for easier reading.
reenielou
UKFM Newbie

Re: I'm really struggling

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:38 am

:welcome: to our little sanctuary reenielou :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

I've split your post off from where you had originally made it, and jiffled it over to here as it's a more suitable place for you to say Hello.

The head pressure you've mentioned, do you mean a headache or is it something completely different?? If it is headache related, they are known to be an aspect/symptom/associated problem with FM and affect a good number of us. It's also not unusual to experience migraines as well. Mine has been constant for years, I can't recall the last day I was free of it. I've been checked for various things over the years, but nothing shows up, so they have been put down to migraines relating to FM. If you are finding yours are causing you a lot of problems and worry, it's always best to have it checked out as, whilst things may be due to FM, it should never be assumed that everything is FM~related, there are other possibilities for the cause. Same with the falls you've mentioned.

The feelings you're trying to deal with at the moment are things that most of us have also experienced along the way. They tend to emerge at the start of things, quite often after being dx'd as the realisation of what FM is hits you. As you learn more about th condition and how you are affected, they do tend to ease back considerably, altho they can reappear at any time, so never really leave you :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

If you have a bit of a looky around the boards, you'll come across mentions of these, and other issues that we experience with FM, and the things that have been tried to help with them, some more successfully than others. They might give you some inspiration about things to try that could be of benefit to yourself :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby miastar5 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:53 pm

Hi firstly big hug huge gentle hug your not alone even if you feel it x
I get the constant head vice squeeze in a box too and some days wish I could just stick my head in front of a moving train just to make it stop but here to move!
I too fall and the pain in legs hips ankle kills x but it comes in waves syndol works really well as a pain relief. I was diagnosed with ME AT 13 I'm now 34 and re diagnosed with FM 5 years ago as the
Pain was unbearable and completlt different. I feel so lonely even though I have family I hardly go out and they just think oh it's just Mia u know her ha vining one of her bad days I work... Barely but I don't have a life I get thru. Some days I cry some I laugh I wonder what I did wrong. I have two boys a wonderful husband but I have the pain in my body and it's so random I just want you to know your not alone x
Last edited by denys on Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removal of advertisement against forum rules
miastar5
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:11 am

Hi to both of you and :welcome: to the forum, I have removed the mention of the site as it is against forum rules and syndol is available from chemists but always check with the pharmacist for any interactions with any prescribed meds you are on
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello