[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Lizzy here

Lizzy here

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Lizzy here

Postby LizzyMac » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:36 pm

Hello,

I'm Lizzy and I'm in Scotland atm, but planning a move soon (that's going to be hell!) I'm in my mid-40's, and my only child just left for university this past year.

I was officially diagnosed a week ago after googling some symptoms and deciding to ask my doctor. You see, I've been terribly sick and in pain for about 7 years. Honestly, I've lost track. I went from doctor to doctor, each one being dismissive or getting frustrated and thinking I was crazy or a time-waster.

I thought I'd be relieved when I got my diagnosis, something I thought would never happen, but honestly, now I'm just kind of mad, feeling like 7 years of my life were stolen from me by people who should have been helping me.

I'm here mostly because my rheumatologist thought it might be good for me to join a support group, talk to people who understood. Maybe she's right, because sometimes it feels like no one does. I have a few friends who are supportive, but until you live with someone with a condition like this, I don't think you can truly understand it.

Anyway, going to check out the rest of the forums.

It's nice to meet you all. =)
LizzyMac
UKFM Member

Re: Lizzy here

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:30 pm

:welcome: to our little escape from it all Lizzy :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

It's nice to hear that someone in the medical profession suggested that you join a support group. Quite often they can be dismissive of such things, thinking that they are places where everyone either moans and groans, or constantly compares meds, pain levels etc to see who can be the worst for that day :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

You won't find much, if anything, like that on here. We try to offer each other support and understanding, as well as sharing experiences in the hope that it will be of benefit to others. And we also try to have a bit of :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: along the way fairy_dust fairy_dust

What your rheumy said about those who don't have FM not really understanding what it is like is right. It tends to be because there isn't anything that they will have experienced that can be used as a comparison.

How you're feeling at the moment isn't unusual, as things start to settle tho, you should find that this will also start to settle. The enormity and realisation of what the condition is, even when FM was previously suspected/suggested, really does hit you, then add in how long it has taken to finally get a dx, and it's no wonder you're :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair: Sadly, there are far too many who, like you, have spent years trying to get an answer as it what is the reason for their symptoms, due to the dinosaurs that are still roaming some of the corridors of the NHS.

Anything that you want to know about, all you need to do is ask about it, and we'll try to help you with an answer :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Minilady » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:48 pm

Hi all :)

New to this. I've been ill and in pain since i was diagnosed with FM over three years ago :(

I thought joining a support group might be a positive step. It's really hard suffering with an 'invisible illness' because in general,people just don't understand. For me,it's the pain and intense stiffness that radiates through my body,and it usually strikes without any warning. It's perhaps a little consolation to know that despite feeling very alone there are others going through the same,hence me being here.
Minilady
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:49 pm

Hi and :welcome: to you both hope we can offer you support and help when needed :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:13 pm

:welcome: to our little sanctuary Minilady :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Hopefully you'll find being part of our FibroFamily positive and supportive, and we understand what each other is going thru, having each gone thru similar experiences at various times along the way.

You'll find lots of info and advice across the boards, so have a bit of a looky and a read when you get a chance.

Anything you want to know about, just ask about it and we'll try to help you with it :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Minilady » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:20 pm

Awww many thanks..Will certainly have a look when I get chance and any info/advice will
be greatly received:)
Minilady
UKFM Member

Postby Minilady » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:13 pm

Hi ...i was diagnosed with fibro nearly four years ago and live with the chronic pain most days :( However, I have recently been suffering with neck pain/stiffness,lack of movement. I am currently seeing a physio but not sure it's helping. Does anyone else suffer with neck problems and have you found anything that can bring some relief? Thanks x
Minilady
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello