Understanding fibromyalia

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Understanding fibromyalia

Postby Morgan 66 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:02 pm

Hello just been diagnosed this week with fibromyalgia kept be told I was depressed but new that it was not feel better for being told what it is just what a better understand of it and talk to other people with fibromyalgia Catherine :-D
Morgan 66
UKFM Newbie

Re: Understanding fibromyalia

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:47 pm

:welcome: to our FibroFamily Catherine :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

I've jiffled you over to here with this being your intro post as it's a more suitable part of the forum. It's good to hear you feel better for knowing what it is you're dealing with. Don't be surprised if, in the next few days, you feel yourself becoming a little down, or angry, or frustrated tho. It seems to be a part of the process that most of us go thru as the realisation of what FM is, and that it is with us for the long haul, starts to sink in. It doesn't happen to everyone tho, so you may escape it, if you do feel a bit like this tho, just go bit~by~bit and it will start to settle again :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Have a looky and a read around the boards when you get a mo, they are full of all sorts of info and advice and experiences that members have shared. There is a lot of support as well as we each understand what others are going thru.

Anything that you're wondering about, don't be afraid to ask about it, and we'll try to help you with an answer :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Morgan 66 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:11 pm

Thank you it is a lot to take in but having someone to talk to that understands what your going through is good :-D
Morgan 66
UKFM Newbie

Postby felinefine » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:58 pm

Morgan 66 wrote:Thank you it is a lot to take in but having someone to talk to that understands what your going through is good :-D

Hi Catherine, welcome aboard, you have made the right choice joining the forum. It's a great way of gaining support and reading others posts, a good way to learn stuff. Also as time goes by I'm sure you will add invaluable words :) I was also told I had depression, I keep saying if I can control the pain I will not be low.

Look forward to hearing more from you xx
felinefine
UKFM Member

Postby sarahbridgewater81 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:30 pm

Hi Catherine

I am still in the process of seeing health professionals all who have said I have FM, it such a relief to know whats wrong with me which like yourself makes you feel better. For a couple of years I've been thinking its all in my head but know I know im not mad :crazy:

Its great that this forum is here and having support and knowing that we're not alone makes a difference

Take care

Sarah
sarahbridgewater81
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:12 am

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby bandj » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:21 pm

Hello Catherine, welcome! Likeyourself I'm newly diagnosed and it was a relief to know what was wrong even though there's no magic cure! :-D
There are these three things that remain: faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is LOVE.
1 Corinthians 13:13
bandj
UKFM Member

Postby Morgan 66 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:12 am

thanks for the messages the the forum is very helpful and it's good the you have so many people to talk to that understands what your going through many thanks Catherine
Morgan 66
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello