[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello

Hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello

Postby ShaunH » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:33 pm

Hi everyone
Not sure how to start this but here goes. My name is Shaun, I am 33 and live in Bristol. After 12 years of going back and forth to my GP and having what has felt like every test under the sun I finally got my diagnosis of fibromyalgia in November last year. It had been mentioned to me by several Doctor's over the years and twice I had even been "tested" for it only to be told I didn't meet the criteria. I was getting to the point where I was beginning to think all this pain really was just in my head. Anyway sine then I've been attending a pain clinic and have started taking Codeine in the day and Nortriptyline at night. Its early days and I am still in pain 80% of the time but Just knowing that I am not crazy is something. Anyway I hope to get the opportunity to chat to some fellow sufferers (if that is the right term) and pick peoples brains about some of the other symptoms I get. Until then thanks for reading. S
ShaunH
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello

Postby silvermaneuk » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:36 pm

Hi there, Bristol lady, I am just 30 minutes up the road and have been there.

My doc tried me on every painkiller going and I always had bad reactions or unwanted reaction.

My doc out me on lyrica this week and a lot of my nerve pain has dampended. Although still have my joint pain. I wasn't very Kean to go on it, as I have had bad reactions to other drugs, but so far so good, will see if it continues.

I am a newbie too, so welcome!!
silvermaneuk
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:54 am

Hi to both of you and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby bandj » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:48 pm

Hello to both of you, I'm new too. You'll find lots of help and support here. :-D
1 Corinthians 13:13
bandj
UKFM Member

Postby seanjosé » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:14 am

Hello,

My names Sean, and after 11 years of progressively worsening symptoms I have been diagnosed with FM, age 23. I am aiming to share help and experiences with others, preferably in Bristol. I have never met anyone who feels the pain, discomforts and disarray I do every second, but I would like to.

Kind Regards, Sean
seanjosé
UKFM Newbie

Postby ShaunH » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:54 pm

Hello again
Great to hear from you all. It's good to know that there are other people who understand what this is like. The hardest part of this for me has been the feeling that I am on my own against this. Trying to drag my sorry backside to work everyday just to have people think my fatigue is just laziness or my pains are just me moaning has been a real struggle. Does anyone know if there are any good support groups in the Bristol area? The doctor at the pain clinic did mention it in passing but that was last November and I have not heard anything since.
ShaunH
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:17 pm

:welcome: to our little FibroFamily Shaun :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

This linky takes you to the Support Groups page on the main Have a look to see what is available in your area. You could ask Mr Googly about groups. It's not unusual for a group to cover several conditions, so searching using phrases like CFS/ME, invisible illnesses could throw something up.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello