Daily moan!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Daily moan!

Postby ceecee1904 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:36 am

So, I have only just recently been diagnosed, officially, with FM but have been suffering for nearly 4 years, isn't long compared to some but it feels like it's been 40 years rather than 4 even though I'm only 23!

I've been being told for years to keep a daily diary of how I'm feeling, physically and mentally, I haven't bothered before but have now decided that maybe it's a good idea and it would possibly be helpful getting peoples opinions and comments so therefore I will be documenting (most) days on here! I don't know anyone who suffers from Fibromyalgia and nor does my family so it's hard to talk to anyone about it!

I'll start from the beginning, I was in a car accident back in 2010, I was in the back seat of a car that was rear ended. To start with I had the most pain in my shoulders and neck with an aching feeling all down my back which I ignored at first because of the amount of pain in my neck, was diagnosed with whiplash and had a few physio sessions and that was it.

For months and months I kept going back to my doctor saying that I was still having problems and the pain in my back wasn't going away and was gradually increasing, he didn't believe me because of my other half at the time claiming compensation for us for whiplash and assumed I was putting it on. He gave me anti-depressants and sent me away time after time. A year or so passed, compensation claim was over and done with months ago yet STILL having problems with the pain in my back worsening, much to my doctors surprise. I had fallen over unable to get up I don't know how many times, one time I had a glass in a hand, it smashed and I ended up having to lay in the broken glass until my mother came home to help me move off of it. At this point I had stopped going to see my doctor on my because of the way he was treating me, he made me feel worthless and accused me of lying constantly so I asked my mother to come along with me a few days after the fall where I was laying in the glass, he AGAIN accused me of lying this time in front of my mother, she stuck up for me and gave him what for! He pretended to believe me and referred me to physio at my local hospital. Once he had done this, we both moved doctors.

Since moving doctors I have had A LOT of help from my new doctor, she referred me to the pain clinic, different classes such as tai chi and different tablets but most of all she actually listened, believed me and genuinely seems to care. But unfortunately nothing so far has worked. I have gone from just a few twinges in my lower back, to constant pain all over my body! I have pins and needles and/or numbness daily, tired ALL the time, I get no sleep and when I do I'm still like a zombie! I have constant headaches, IBS and MAJOR mood swings! I have gone from being very sociable, wanting to be out and about enjoying myself everyday to being indoors laying or sitting down doing nothing all day! I'm 23 going on 73!

After doing the 18 pressure point test, getting 16 out of the 18 points has finally diagnosed me with fibromyalgia. My doctor had been talking about it possibly being this for a quite some time now but after leaving the doctors I felt better about finally having an official diagnosis but also a little sad, I don't know much about it, I know how I feel everyday but I don't know what to do and how to help myself now. Luckily my other half is very supportive, considering we've only been together 4 months now he's so supportive and does everything and anything for me, even when I'm having a really bad day and having those major mood swings!

Even though I was only diagnosed yesterday, I think knowing I have my other halves support helped me FINALLY get out and really enjoy myself seeing an old school friend today. Although I am suffering now, whilst out I really felt like I wasn't completely the social hermit I'd made myself over the last couple of years! So I mentally feel better but not so much physically! I can't get warm, my toes and fingers especially feel like ice and their going to fall off! Hurting from my neck down to my toes, my legs feel like they're shaking and my hips are vibrating (strange way to describe it I know!) and a new thing is my knees hurting, feel like they creek whenever I move!

I doubt anyone will have read all the way through but thank you if you did! Any comments, questions or whatever are welcome. And don't worry my next post won't be so long! :-D
ceecee1904
UKFM Newbie

Re: Daily moan!

Postby MikH-D » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:29 am

I know how you feel being so young but feeling so much older, I'm 25, it has been researched also that the younger you are the worse fibro is unfortunately, I'm also lucky to have a very supportive husband and a lil girl that keeps me going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MikH-D
UKFM Member

Postby libbiek30 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:32 am

Hi
Firstly I think you should report your list gp that was totally unacceptable. I have never heard it being worse when u r younger but if that's true you should get better as you get older. I'm 47 I started with fibromyalgia after having my daughter who is now 12, I think it was cause because her dad persuaded us to leave where we lived and then left us a year later, I cud no longer go back to where I was before! I work part-time and just try and do what I can and rest where u can. I think it's important to still have a life so go out with friends and do things u enjoy. Sounds like u have good support from family and that is important also try and do gentle exercise if u can
Hope u start to get to grips with this horrible illness so u can still have quality of life
Liz x
libbiek30
UKFM Member

Postby chezmc » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:01 pm

Yes I have read ure story. In fact its so similar to mine. But ure much younger than I am..
6 yrs ago i was the driver who was involved in a car crash and hit from the rear...suffered whiplash but pain continued and spread all over.. I waited over 5 yrs to be diagnosed with fibro etc...

my symptom were ignored mainly because of the car accident and i was initially diagnosed with "degenerate disc disease" in my neck which they suggested was causing the chronic pain in my neck/shoulder/arms/hands n pins n needles n numbness..,, My orthopaedic even put in my notes that my symptoms would be better once I had been compensated for the whiplash ?? Eventually my orthopaedic surgeon operated on my neck to replace a worn disc but the pain didn't disappear ..even after my payout!!

..everyday is an uphill battle..its gud to hear u have full support from ure family.
chezmc
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:09 am

Hi Ceecee and :welcome: to the forum, I have moved your post into here with it being your first and hopefully you will get more welcome posts
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello