[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - New to Forum - Hi :)

New to Forum - Hi :)

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New to Forum - Hi :)

Postby Chelle_39 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:01 pm

Hi there everyone. I am a new member to UKFM as I have come looking to educate myself and share experiences of/with others.

I'm a 37 yrs old, and I have been struggling with "something" for longer than I care to remember. Most doctors have pushed me away with another packet of pills however I then dropped on a locum doctor by accident who thought it could all equate to something called FM and referred me to a consultant who, on Friday last, has confirmed her suspicions! I'm OK with it I think... Always say you cant deal with what you dont know.. so now I know - I can deal with it (She says haha - this is a semi good ish day!) Just grateful that someone has finally spent some time on my notes and taken everything into count. (You would not believe the things I have been tested for over the years !! MS, Stroke, Palsy, PTSD.. the list goes on!)

At the moment I am just trying to educate myself on a better lifestyle and changes I can make to help me along based on facts and other peoples experiences. I have read some very interesting things on the forum so far that I never even thought would be connected - its just all fitting for once in my life!

The consultant I saw last week was very understanding but also very honest about the battle I face with Medical staff at my GP's (Apparently my particular practice dont write very nice things about FM and he was most surprised they had even referred me) So he's said the best thing I can do is come here, speak to you guys, learn to relax and become mentally stronger to deal with everything its going to throw at me.

So here I am guys... I'm off to the boards to get my toes wet :)

Gentle hugs xx
*When the world says give up... Hope Whispers try it one more time*
Chelle_39
UKFM Newbie

Re: New to Forum - Hi :)

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:49 pm

HI Chelle and :welcome: aboard to our fibro family.

Lots of info and adcive around the boards :-D :-D :-D :-D
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby LizzyMac » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:27 am

Welcome!

It's really frustrating when your doctor doesn't seem to be "on your side" about an issue. I had that problem for the longest time. I basically ended up diagnosing myself from info on the internet after 7 years of pain and illness, and just recently got it confirmed by a rheumatologist.

It's a good group here... I think you'll like it!
LizzyMac
UKFM Member

Postby silvermaneuk » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:43 pm

I went through several GP's before i got the one i have now, and funny enough it was a Locum that picked up my hypothyroidism, not my at the time GP. Who just kept telling me to get healthier. My current GP feel bound by the lack of treatment he can offer but he does at least try.

I think if your not happy with your GP, change doctors, even surgeries. Unfortunately were still fighting against ignorance.

Welcome. I am a newbie too :) :welcome:
silvermaneuk
UKFM Member

Postby Chelle_39 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:57 pm

Hi , thanks for the lovely warm welcome <3

I have been a little in ignorance about the condition I guess. Having been batted from pillar to post over the last 10 years I wasn't giving much hope to them coming up with anything. But the Rheumatologist I have just been diagnosed by was just the sweetest man ever and so sympathetic to what I will have to face. He has said he is now going to write to my practice and tell them straight what the problem is and how it cannot be ignored. (Hope it makes a difference but I dont hold much hope)

The consultant spent an hour with me, going through so many things, and really really explaining what ailments have been apart of this condition all along and what I can do to help and about the fight against ignorance I will face.

Thank you again... I'm only a few days in on here but I am already feeling well supported having found such an amazing place x
*When the world says give up... Hope Whispers try it one more time*
Chelle_39
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:47 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello