Just joined and saying hello!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Just joined and saying hello!

Postby Mrs Tweedy » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:37 pm

Hi Everyone

I was diagnosed with Fibro August 2007 after a few months of symptoms that I felt must be connected. It was through a lot of internet research that I discovered Fibro and it was confirmed within 5 mins of seeing a rheumatologist. Within 7 months I had to give up work and have never been well enough to go back.

Luckily my children are grown up and I have a wonderfully supportive husband.

After the initial months of grieving for the life I was losing I slowly came to terms with what was happening, learning how to manage the symptoms and doing my best to stay positive by taking up new hobbies that fit my abilities and filling my time with voluntary work.

There is no denying this has been life changing; there are days when I question how I can go on with the daily battles against my own body, but I do...and I will.

It's my first time on a Fibro forum I hope to gain some understanding of the isolation, the relentless symptoms and the disappointment at giving up on life dreams. I also hope to learn of what has worked for others by way of therapies and where relevant share some of my own.

I live in Surrey if anyone is local do get in touch!
Mrs Tweedy
UKFM Newbie

Re: Just joined and saying hello!

Postby denys » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:28 am

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave: your story is a very familiar one unfortunately but I hope you find us a friendly informative place and we can offer you support when you need it :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby LizzyMac » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:15 am

Welcome to the group. I'm new too... diagnosed a month ago.

I've found it a very friendly group so far!
LizzyMac
UKFM Member

Postby Chelle_39 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:22 am

From one newbie to another - :wave:
*When the world says give up... Hope Whispers try it one more time*
Chelle_39
UKFM Newbie

Postby silvermaneuk » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:45 pm

Newly diagnosed and a newbie too :welcome:
silvermaneuk
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:06 pm

:welcome: to our little FibroFamily from someone who has been dx'd for far more years than I really want to acknowledge, and been on here almost as long :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is lots of info across the boards, hopefully there will be some useful nuggets that will help you find some of the answers and understanding that you're looking for.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello