[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello fellow sufferers and fibro friends

Hello fellow sufferers and fibro friends

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello fellow sufferers and fibro friends

Postby Tigereyes » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:17 am

My name is Rozel but I use Tigereyes which my late darling husband Mick called me. I was married for 22 years before he suddenly passed away on 10/10/13 as some of you know.

I have suffered with fm for at least 10 years and got diagnosed about 5 years ago. I kept going to the docs with different problems: depression,restless legs,anxiety,tiredness,aches and pains etc the list is endless. I told the doc myself what I had as I have a friend with fm.

I am blessed to have 6 children, my 4th son was murdered at the age of 16 months in1990 by a so called friend but my other children are very helpful with my fm and are always there for me. My 2 daughters have been their for me especially after the loss of their Dad and I couldn't cope without them. I am sooooo pride of them, they are both strong, kind and helpful young women.I also have 7 wonderful grandchildren who I adore.

I also have a little dog Angel who is my shadow and seems to know when I am ill and stays with me and wont even eat when I have a bad flare up.

By the way I am 51 but I will always be to young to be grey!!!! :-)

Enough for now about me, please tell me about YOU. 8-) :dogrun1: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made paragraphs clearer for easier reading.
Tigereyes
UKFM Member

Re: Hello fellow sufferers and fibro friends

Postby painprincess1 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:57 am

Hi tiger, I can't even begin to understand the loss of a child taken in such a way ,I did however lose my brother to drugs and his wife within 8days and his so called freind got him to size some paper work to get his house knowing he was going to kill himself after his wife died, she didn't get it thanks to the other ppl next door .so the angry I can relate to.my fibro got very bad after that,but what I've learn is to love every minute of every day. I have 2 wonderful boys and 2 wonderful girl that bring laughs and love in my home every day.i. Also mad on tranatula s and have 3 I was always scared of spiders and though the best way to get over this was to look after one and learn about them. It worked .and I swear I was so scared I'd cry if I saw one.and no they can't kill u before someone says so lol and no my daughter can't get near them .and no I don't walk around the house with them ,think I covered myself there x think of it like keeping fish u can't hold them but u love watching them .but I can if I wanted to .omg il shut up before you fell asleep hehe .
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby jools1903 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:06 am

Hi Tiger,

I'm Julia and also have fibro which was diagnosed last September. I think I've had it an awful lot longer though as, like you, I kept going off to the GP with depression, not sleeping, aches and pains and all manner of niggly things. My partner died in August 2010 and that's when I really noticed the symptoms of fibro - in the months leading up to his passing and after but I put it down to grief. When it wasn't going away I started to research and found it could be fibro. I didn't ever suggest it to GP as I couldn't believe I might have it, so when he diagnosed it it still took a lot of getting used to.

I have boy/girl twins who are 17 and at college and 6th form. They are really lovely kids and are such good friends to me, both are very understanding of how fibro affects me. My son is the 'man of the house' now and takes his role very seriously, almost forgetting that I am the adult!!

Anyway, look forward to hearing from others too xx
jools1903
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:56 pm

:cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: Tigereyes, I've jiffled you over into here with you telling us a little more about yourself, it seemed a more suitable board and won't get lost in with all the other topics posted elsewhere.

I remember your post about your beloved husband :cry: :cry: :cry: I'm sorry to hear one of your little angels was taken from you in such a heinous way :cry: :cry: :cry: I can't even begin to imagine what these happenings have put you thru :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

I've been part of the FM club for about 14 years now. I was initially dx'd with Meniere's Disease due to how my symptoms presented themselves, and spent 4 years on a whole host of meds that did absolutely nothing to help me, as well as undergoing a battery of tests, scans, treatments, manipulations etc, all of which made absolutely no difference to how I was. It was only after other symptoms started appearing, and being seen by an audiologist who had seen me previously and run a series of balance tests on me that things started moving again, and towards some more suitable possibilities, which eventually led to FM.

Home life for me involves DeeDee, my springie girl and trusted second in command, then there is my long~suffering OH who deals with whatever me and my addled mind and decrepit body throw at him, and :yikes: :yikes: :alien: :alien: teenager, who, under all the angst, attitude and stroppiness, is a pretty decent huu~mon. DeeDee knows that she is mine, but she also knows that OH and :yikes: :yikes: :alien: :alien: teenager are her's :lol: :lol: :lol: And somewhere in amongst all this, there is a :chicken: called Beryl who believes she is in charge, and lives to attack me because I was the one who kept chucking her out of the hen house when she was broody 2 summers ago :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Life has undoubtedly turned downside~up and outside~in for me with FM and it's friends adding their effects to everything, and for a good number of years continually ripped me apart regardless of whatever I did to try and manage things. These days tho, there is more of a truce between us so living with my constant companions is a little easier, if rather uncomfortable at times. Even with the discomfort and :chicken: attacks tho, there is still a bit of :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: along the way, which is one of the things that helps keep me :horse_running: :horse_running: :horse_running:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Tigereyes » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:22 pm

It has been lovely to hear from everybody and their FM history. More please.......
I think I can trace the start of my problems back to when my baby was murdered with undiagnosed PTSD and then running around after 5 other children. I suffered sciatica for 10 years although is better, it is a total different pain to all the types of pain associated with FM.
I also find hard how FM affects you brain which I had put down to stress and getting older. forgetting things, listening to a conversation and blanking out, forgetting words or just stopping talking in the middle of a conversation and not knowing why. Taking a phone call and when asked what they had said not being able to remember a thing.......
Tigereyes
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello