New but not shiny and bright!!!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New but not shiny and bright!!!

Postby emndtee » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:00 pm

Hello everyone, I am newish to the forum I've been reading for a long time and had been waiting until diagnosed to say hello but still I wait! I finally decided to say hello without diagnosis.

I have been suffering for over two years after a very traumatic year where had numerous surgeries which didn't, work for another illness and losing my mum and my husbands mum. I have been attending a pain clinic and have been told by the Dr there and my surgeon and GP that fibro is the most probable diagnosis but they so far won't refer me to a rhuemy????

They are treating me for fibro and I have been tried on all the usual meds but because of my other illness they haven't yet hit on the correct combination.

I have visceral hyperalgesia and digestion problems. I have had five surgeries and now have an illesotomy which means I have a bag. You can imagine the problems I have trying to deal with this when my hands are aching eh!

That's my story shortened, look forward to chatting with you all instead of just reading your posts.

M x
emndtee
UKFM Newbie

Re: New but not shiny and bright!!!

Postby denys » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:36 am

Hi and :welcome: to the forum hope we can help with any questions you may have :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:34 pm

:cow-wave: :cow-wave: and :welcome: to our little escape from it all :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Sorry to hear about your mum and hubby's mum having to go back to the angels, losing such a special person in your life is awful, for both of you to lose such an important figure is doubly :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

As you've been reading things for a while, hopefully you'll have an idea of what it is like on here, and the kind of info and advice, support and understanding there is across the boards.

Anything you want to know about, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby emndtee » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:24 pm

Thank you both so much for your welcome replies very much appreciated.
Thank you fluppy puffy for the lovely way you put your sympathy about losing our mums.

Hope this week is kind to you.
M x
emndtee
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello