i cant cope

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

i cant cope

Postby dawny19794 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:11 pm

hi im new to the site. i was dignosed with fibromayiga in december last year. the pains i have have been with me for the last ten years . after a bout of shingles last march the pains increased and so did the spasums . i now suffer with pain on my head due to the shingles . im on 3 pain killers and two antideppresents.

the last two weeks have been sheer hell . the pain has been at its worst and i cant do normal things like play with my 7 and 3 year old,i cant walk to my local town any more as it takes me over 30 mins to walk it . a year ago it only tock me 10 min. i saw my docter yesterday and now have server depression aswell.

how do other people cope? i feel like im loseing it. my partner is good he helps me with our children and he does all the cooking and cleaning, and now doing the shopping as well. i feel like im just a burden to them all, im a wast of space . i have no physical want for anything ... i dont want to eat . sleep 8 hours a day and still exsosted .

i think im heading for a breakdown but i cant get any of my family to acknowledge what im going throw . when i told my parents if the fibro it hit my dad like a tone of bricks but he read up on it all and has now said he understands it but my mum wont acknowledge that im ill. almost like she doesnt belive me and my brother and sister are the same.

i dont know what im doing going or were to turn i feel so alone and so sad . xxxxxx
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split large paragraph into smaller ones, additional punctuation and grammar for easier reading.
dawny19794
UKFM Newbie

Re: i cant cope

Postby beckstar127 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:21 pm

Hi huni...
I can understand with u completely with people not understanding. I Said to my husband before we got married that if he wanted to leave me j wud understand because i didnt want to be a barden on him. I also have 2 children 6 and 4. And i struggle with getting on the floor with them also im always tired it gets to about 2pm and thats it i fall sleep. I can have a full nights sleep and still wake up tired.
I feel for u huni....its the feeling of feeling useless which i hate...i use to be able to do alsorts. My depression can be a nightmare where i shout at my husband but i dont mean too..

Im here if u need a chat huni...or i can give u my email.

Take care huni

Gentle cuddles beckie

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
beckstar127
UKFM Member

Postby robbiecramp » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:27 pm

yes can relate to everything you have put down I was diagnosed with fibro jan 15th this year and today must be worst day I have ever had I had to go to my workplace on Wednesday from the doctors which I had attended for my med 3 note I started to work my way up there knowing it would take me longer than 15 mins took me a hour as kept having to stop and as I am writing this am all ready to fall asleep and am heading to bed never had this much pain and drowsiness I guess it will get worse really and do not know if it does how I will cope I have a 5 year old daughter and I see her every other weekend so try not to do to much couple of days before she comes but bless her she does try and help me and fetches me things she is my little star

love and hugs to both of you

Robbie xx
robbiecramp
UKFM Member

Postby beckstar127 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:33 pm

The sleepness drives me mad

beckstar127
UKFM Member

Postby shithappens » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:43 pm

Hello

I feel for you ALL, I was diagnosed last November but think I have had it for over 5 years really. Yesterday was the first day since October that I felt like my old self (except for pain etc...) went out and did normal things....but last night and today ...feel like I have been knocked my a steam train... like the rest of you I feel SO quilty because of the family, I feel that Im no longer a Mum and Wife but a hindrance.... cant help moaning at times or saying 'ouch' . Simple things like can you pass my tea etc..... The brain fog, confusion, tiredness, pain, light sensitive, blah blah Have started a new med Pregabalin...nearly a week now so cant really say if its working...will let you all know though if you like? Take it easy all of you, x x x x
shithappens
UKFM Member

Postby beckstar127 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:45 pm

Yea wud be good to hear about it....

I take.gabapentin...nexapran...citropram.... i have had this condition for years and finally got told it was fibro jan 2012.
Drives me mad cus of how i use to be

beckstar127
UKFM Member

Postby dawny19794 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:58 pm

thank you all for posting . it seems im not the only one feeling this way .... sort of makes me feel like im not the only one now. its very hard to get out my head that im a burden to my family . i did when i was digniosed tell my partner that i would understand if he wanted to leave as i would become reliant on him and i thought i didnt want to burden him with it all. but he had no intenshions of leaving i know im a lucky girl with the love i have with him . the fibro was a relife when digniosed as i have been in pain for 10 years .... and taken to moving to a new docters to find a doctoer that worked at the minral hospital in bath . to dignoied my straight away. but know ive found out that fibro bring a whole load of new problems i think i have csd as well . is it wrong to say that i feel like im griveing for myself like most of me have died .. im no longer me i have to become someonr else ....

once again thank you all for posting xxxx :-)
dawny19794
UKFM Newbie

Postby beckstar127 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:02 pm

I know how u feel huni

beckstar127
UKFM Member

Postby Libby Clark » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:59 pm

Well ladies,
I know it's no help but I do know how you feel, I too had a good day yesterday so we went out for dinner with some old friends.
Today I am wrecked, my arms and shoulders hurt, for some stupid reason the last few days my ribs feel like I have been kicked, and my brain is totally cabbaged.
My family know what I have and know I do my best but after a very stressful two weeks I which my husband was bitten by the dog that we had rescued to try and be some company for me when he is at work, loads of trips to DRI, and having to rehome the stupid dog, I am totally exhausted and in pain. I feel like I have just slid back six months .

But, and I know it's a big but, let us try and be as positive as we can, each day I do something just for me, wether it's playing a stupid game on my iPad reading a book, again on my iPad, as nowadays holding a book causes too much pain, or sitting and listening to some music, nothing very hard but just time for me. Try it, give yourself a little boost each day,we are worth it and if today, between sleeping, I can I will . Xx
Libby Clark
UKFM Member

Postby Tigereyes » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:46 pm

We all know how you feel and understand. What is great about this forum we can all rant, exchange views and just realise we are not alone or going mad with all the pain and mind probs we all have.

I try when possible to do just at least one thing a day and feel pleased when I have succeeded, however small a task always depending on my fibro. Some days we can do more than others, small steps, one at the time. Try to proud be of yourself when you mange to do a task or forgive yourself when you cant.

NATURE TAKES ITS TIME BUT GETS THERE IN THE END

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :grouphug:

ROZXX
Tigereyes
UKFM Member

Postby beckstar127 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:48 pm

I go college part time once a week for 4 hours....

beckstar127
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:28 am

Hi Dawny and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby fibro-lu » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:55 pm

hi dawny and welcome to the forum

you could also check out

board index - living with fibromyalgia - fibromyalgia stages of grief
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10653

in "living with fibromyalgia" there are plenty of good stuffies to take on board or hand out to others

:flowers:
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby suziepooh » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:51 pm

Hi

I understand completely and sympathise with you entirely. I feel exactly the same. It's good to know I'm not alone. I'm in Bristol, so not far from you. I'd be happy to arrange to meet up sometime, maybe go for a coffee somewhere. Hubby works in Bath, so can always arrange a time during the week. Take care of you and yours. Suz
suziepooh
UKFM Newbie

Postby littlegirl » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:25 pm

how many gabapentin do u take what doze does it knock u out
littlegirl
UKFM Newbie

Next

Return to Where to Say Hello