Hi to you all.

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi to you all.

Postby Ali-Jane » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:17 pm

At 51 I was diagnosed yesterday with fibromyalgia after a visit to the rheumy guy at the hosp. After two visits to a new GP she sent me to see him and the appointment came through really quick.

The new doc (after trawling through my GP records covering the past seven yrs) could understand my despair and so to the hospital I went. To this point I didn't even know about this condition.

The rheumy guy pressed all these body points then asked loads of questions and did a body exam and then said everything pointed to this condition, so here I am finding out all about it.

I have some meds and have to go back in two wks. Today I feel half knocked out but the ongoing exhaustion and sore heels on my feet along with an aching body seem to have been with me so long now it's just a relief to know it has a name.

The site is so good and has answered many of my questions already...wishing you all well :-)
Ali.
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made paragraphs a little clearer for easier reading.
Ali-Jane
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi to you all.

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:17 pm

:welcome: to our little FibroFamily Ali :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Nice to hear that some of the things on here have already helped answer a lot of your questions :-D :-D :-D Hopefully we'll be able to help you find some answers to other things you may come across.

It sounds like the new GP arrived at your surgery at just the right time for you :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: She sounds like the sort of GP that a lot of people would love to have looking after them.

It's not unusual to have not heard about FM until you're actually dx'd with it, it was the same for me, and has been like it for a good number of others on here as well.

Hopefully the meds you've been given will help you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:41 pm

Hi Ali-jane :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave: Glad you are finding some answers here look forward to chatting
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby debsmith » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:34 pm

Hia ali-jane

Welcome, this website is great!!! I'm quite new to fibro diagnosed last sept, think I went into shock tbh probably as I finaly had a name to what was going on with my body etc! Its quite overwhelming isn't it, I got a lot of support from all on here made me realize I'm not alone with this + anything bothering me I'd ask or if I was p@@d off a good old rant!! We r all here 4 each other :welcome: :hugs: xxx
debsmith
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello