new to forum although been browsing for a while

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

new to forum although been browsing for a while

Postby hazely » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:29 pm

Hello I just wanted to introduce myself and get this off my chest sorry for long post
my name is hazel and I have been having problems for 2 years mainly numb hands and feet, pin and needles, chronic pain in hands, clumsiness unable to grip or open things, severe pain in neck and shoulder areas, memory loss, when i write or type the words written and typed are different to what my brain is telling me to write or type. Chronic fatigue, exhaustion. I also have chronic migraines for 15 yrs.

First i was told is was carpel tunnel after visiting the hand clinic, but this was shut down without me getting to see consultant again so just had results from gp. Then when i said well why is my whole body affected then I was sent to orthopaedics who gave me a steroid injection which helped for a while and said it might be raynoids disease. On returning to orthopaedics he said it was fibromyalga so referred my to rheumatology.

At rheumatology the first thing he said was i don't like to label people and i was not a typical fb sufferer as i was not overweight, depressed, I exercised and was healthy. He said i was vitamin d deficient according to a blood test taken in may this is now january. anyway took another blood test checked for several things including vit d and autoimmune screening. Results are everything is fine even my vit d is higher than in may the only thing he suggests is to eat some oily fish. He gives no mention of fb at all in letter so none the wiser and getting fed up as i am self employed i am unable to work a full week due to being ill a lot of the time and it is affecting everything.
hazel
hazely
UKFM Member

Re: new to forum although been browsing for a while

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:59 pm

:welcome: to our little sanctuary Hazel :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

I hope you feel a little better for being able to get some of those frustrations out. No wonder you're so fed~up about things :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: Have you been back to see your GP since your rheumy appt?? If not, it might be something to consider doing, you should be able to go thru what the ortho~bod said to you about it being FM, as well as what happened with the rheumy and him saying he doesn't like to label people. Your GP may be happy to go with what the ortho~bod said about it being FM, or might have another suggestion for you. You could also see about being sent to a different rheumy to see what they have to say about your symptoms and problems.

In the mean time, wrt your working week, I was wondering if there might be anything on the Help/Tips On Coping board that might help make things a little more manageable for you, at least until you get closer to getting a dx. There are a good number on here who work with FM, doing a varied number of hours in different jobs/roles, if you can't find anything on the boards, you could try asking for advice relating to the areas you're finding difficult, and see if any useful ideas come up.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:36 pm

Hi Hazel, sorry to hear you have been messed around a bit, but unfortunately it is quite a common occurrence. :welcome: to the forum and I hope we can be supportive when you need it :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby hazely » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:12 am

Hi, I only got the letter on Friday but have booked an appointment with the GP for Tuesday. Yes I think the GP might go with the oste dx as she has said I have fm but wanted to confirm it with rheu. Fingers crossed I get a dx as not knowing what is wrong with you is the worst thing feel like a hypochondriac most of the time. Good thing is my family understand as much as they can and i have a good friend who often see me in pain and understands too. Will look at your suggestion about my work. Thank you for your replies
hazely
UKFM Member

Postby debsmith » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:02 pm

Hia

I'm so sorri u are going threw so much worry poor u! If it helps I've had problems 4 5-6 years b4 I got anywhere! Should not b this way "but" it depends on each doc + there belief,s GRRR!!!! Have u asked to b refered to the pain clinic??? That's where I was diagnosed and she was lovely but I will say 1st dr I saw I refused 2 see again! May b ask 4 referal "can" GP refuse?? Like u I have suffered from calpol tunnel + tennis elbow in both!! I was told defo had the surgery + back to square 1 now so ????
I think there is quite a few of us with CT+T Elbow

Don't give up hope hunni stay strong don't do as I did + get wound up like a rubber band!!! Ahhhhhhh personaly from my experiance if GP or DR under 40 more likely they actualy understand.

I am low on ferritin aswell and take iron tabz as also perimenopause,slipped disc,burning feet,no sleep,major sweats etc good luck at doc,s if u don't feel u can say what ud like then write it down,take with u and hand in to GP, he/she then has to logg in ur notes,and write all ur symptoms/pain etc down too esp 4 pain clinic good luck xxx :welcome: :hugs:
debsmith
UKFM Member

Postby hazely » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:17 am

Thank for all the replies I went back to my dr and she has now said that she will got with dx from other consultant, so i have now been confirmed as having fm. Been given some meds and need to go back in a month.
hazely
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello