new and feeling crazy

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

new and feeling crazy

Postby scania614 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:18 am

:crazy: hi all,iv just been diagnosed with fibro and wanted to ask is this as good as im getting or is this a crisis/flare up? iv been unable to walk except to toilet and kitchen ect for 3 months, the pain is excruciating and exhausting in my legs/feet and now starting in hands and arms. if this a flare up how long can they last?? if not whats the chances of me ever working again as my work are getting a bit shirty after 3 months off. i no u cant give times/dates ect just wanted to no your experiences in this as i feel like im going a little crazy trying to absorb it all. hope to hear from u x
scania614
UKFM Newbie

Re: new and feeling crazy

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:17 am

:welcome: scania

It could possibly be a flare and if so then theres not a time limit i can tell you. Flares can be days/weeks or months :( Have you seen your GP? You may need a review and to see if you need any meds/therapies to help you or a referal to a consultant.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Leannellie » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:07 pm

Hi there!! I'm going into week 3 of a particularly bad flare- aren't they all!!! I've had flares that have lasted a few days then I may pick up a little only to come crashing down again. Although I have pain plus everyday!! I couldn't work now , haven't for over a year now. I can't see anybody employing me as I don't know how I'm going to be from one day to the next!!
Comfort in sound it's all around, ease back the strain, come heal your pain.
Leannellie
UKFM Member

Postby scania614 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:30 pm

thank you for your reply's, my current meds are paracetamol and codean. was on amatryptalin but i came off them cause it was making my heart beat out my chest.i have been referred to physio, and to see a shrink. not sure what a physio going to do with me as i dare not hardly move my limbs as hurts to do so, then increases its pain later for hrs after. any of you had benefits from these?,i was wanting to go back to work but im thinking its not looking likely, and likely to lose my job before the doc can get me any were near a manageable pain x thanks again x
scania614
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:04 pm

:welcome: to our little FibroFamily :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Sorry to hear how things are for you at the moment. As you've already said, it isn't easy, and a t times can be nigh~on impossible to say how long something may last/take to work out, all due to the vagueness and unpredictability of FM :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Physio and Psychotherapy~type treatments can help make a differences to things. Talking~therapies can help with identifying potential triggers, unhelpful thoughts etc and devising coping strategies ways to help you manage them more effectively.
scania614 wrote:i have been referred to physio......... not sure what a physio going to do with me as i dare not hardly move my limbs as hurts to do so, then increases its pain later for hrs after. any of you had benefits from these?

This is sort of thing physio may be able to help you with. I've recently completed a Pain Management Program, part of which involved working with a physio on improving and very steadily increasing stretching, general movements, functional exercises etc. After the second session, with the flare it triggered, I was on the point of packing it all in, I'd even prepared what I was going to say (Just to add, one thing that has stuck with me from the days preFM is not giving in to anything, well so far, so for me to be seriously considering doing such a thing, my OH knew instantly how rough it had make me feel.)

However, when I went to the next session, speech clutched in a rather painful hand, and started explaining how I felt etc, after speaking to others on the program who were is a similar state, and talking to the people taking us thru the sessions, I decided to carry on and see how things went week~by~week, working within my abilities. Not because carrying~on was the easier option and it would mean I wouldn't lose face in front of others, but because I was wanting to be in control of my conditions.

I know that things like physio and talking therapies aren't for everyone, but the only way to know is to give them a try. With the physio, if you're encouraged to start increasing the amount you move very, very gently, whilst the pain will increase at first, the more you do, the less it will increase until you (hopefully) get to a point where you may have doubled how far you can move an arm or a leg, or a hand, without it making your pain levels go up. This was something Program group I was in experienced, much to everyone's suprprise and pleasure.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby scania614 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:55 pm

thankyou for that as a rebel myself and not wanting to give my life up to this im glad physio is of a benefit just cant imagine doing it at the moment but willing to try anything to make life bearable with the pain,after reading alot of the symptoms im of the thinking i have had this a lot longer that just the last few months, cramps/spasms,ibs,sciatica and fog just a few i have had over the last 6 or so years and started just after i left my abusive ex possible trigger as it ended me in A&E and im thinking a recent medic problems with my son and stress of that and for him then to attack me also may have been a breaking point of a major flare up im now experiencing so a shrink will be of defo benefit for me to process all that,thanks for your help its appreciated x
scania614
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello