Help & advice needed

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Help & advice needed

Postby princess 2014 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:15 am

Hi all, I am new to all this & was looking for some help and advice on getting my dr to actually diagnose properly rather than just saying yes you have it. I live in Nottinghamshire & have been suffering pain & burning sensations for many years. I have also been told it was in my head the pain & burning, I also suffer from restless leg syndrome, terrible periods & the list goes on. Any help and advice would be really appreciated :)
princess 2014
UKFM Newbie

Re: Help & advice needed

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:23 am

:welcome: princess :-D

Just popped you over to the welcome board :-)

To diagnose properly then you will need to fit the criterea and GP should be asking these questions. Then examine you for the tender points to see how many you score. Then GP will also need to rule out any other conditions.
See here (click linky)
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalg ... nosis.aspx
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby princess 2014 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:49 am

Thank you for the reply, I'll have to try a different dr in my surgery as the 1 who said yeah you may have it is very reluctant to do anything about it & told me apart from another pill to take nothing she can do or anyone can do. X
princess 2014
UKFM Newbie

Postby whoami » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:04 pm

Princess, what is your Dr giving you for the restless leg and your pain? What tests or blood work have you had done?
Last edited by *Lisa* on Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edit name
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby princess 2014 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:51 pm

I'm on Gabapentin for restless leg and naproxen for pain relief. I've had various bloods done
the dr I see said they are normal but they said that before and then I got a letter saying I needed
to have a retest. My surgery are very reluctant to do anything & she told me nothing can be done other than
me taking amitryptyline on top of what I take already.
princess 2014
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello