New to forum

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New to forum

Postby Lipgloss- junkie » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:44 pm

Hiyas my name is Helen I'm 41 with 2 gorgeous children, my son is 21 and in university and my daughter is 2. I know massive age gap but hey I love variety. I was misdiagnosed with fms for over 10 years and eventually got diagnosed about 4 years ago. I remember my first flair very well, I ended up in hospital as my then gp thought I was having a stroke. I have other medical issues along with this horrendous illness, arthritis in hands, hips and feet. I have also had 2 lots of back surgery due to herniated discs. I am at the moment waiting for physio and inversion therapy ( they put you on a rack and hang you upside down) :shock: for my back again as I now have 3 herniated discs. I haven't felt the need to join a forum but times change and not many people understand what your daily struggle is just to get out of bed and function.. I could waffle all day but I won't.. Anyways I hope I can share what knowledge and experiences I have had over the years and I hope in return we can all get a better understanding of how to deal with and cope with fms x
Lipgloss- junkie
UKFM Newbie

Re: New to forum

Postby Itsnotinmyhead » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:18 pm

Hi Lipgloss-junkie
I'm also new to this forum and wanted to welcome you. Others have already replied to me and it's a good feeling sharing how you feel with people who understand.
I had my first operation on my back fifteen years ago followed by two recently on my neck.
Sending gentle hugs x
“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
― Maya Angelou
Itsnotinmyhead
UKFM Member

Postby debsmith » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:01 pm

Hia all

Lipgloss junkie sorri to ask but probably me lol u have fibro? Hia I too have S1/L5 but none of my dr,s will operate on mine :( it gets very bad!! At times makes me tearful! Grrrrrrr! Blimey that's a heck of a gap with little one age 2 u must b shattered! Mine r grown but have my babies ( mini zoo ) lol and my darling grandson who always makes me smile he's gorgeous welcome to u both xxx :dogchasecat1: guinea_pi_1 chinchilla,s, rat etc bless them all
debsmith
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:54 pm

:welcome: to our little sanctuary Lipgloss~junkie :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Hopefully you'll find being part of our FibroFamily supportive and understanding. We also like to have a bit of :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: when we can, as it all helps with getting thru the FibroDays.

Any little gems and pearls you've come across during your FibroQuest, please feel free to share them, as we're always keen to add extras to the list of helpful suggestions that we can make when someone asks a question, as well as try out ourselves.

If there's something that you're wondering about, then just ask about it as there maybe something on here that can help you with it :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Lipgloss- junkie » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:12 am

Deb smith, I have had surgery on the same discs twice s1/ l5 and the little buggers have slipped again along with the one above my coccyx. Maybe try and get a new referral to a different neurologist, they like to exhaust all avenues before surgery, I.e physio etc. some neurologists say they can leave it for up to 2 years to see if the herniated discs repair themselves. If it's still the same then surgery is usually done. I'm going along the physio route yet again although I told the neuro that I can't have it as when I do I get a flair and I am bed bound for up to 3 days afterwards which isn't and option for me with having a 2 year old. The option I realistically have left is a fusion on the last 3 vertebrae.. Just a waiting game..
Lipgloss- junkie
UKFM Newbie

Postby debsmith » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:21 am

Hia

Crikey 2 op,s! My back been this way for 6 years and ortho,s won't operate at all but I'm due a reapeted mri very soon so see if any changes I feel 4u having 2 disc,s ouchy!! And I can understand why u don't realli want another op re: ur little 1 good luck with everything, I've seen so many dr,s and still no further forward with my back :( xxx
debsmith
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:08 pm

Hi Helen and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello