[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi I'm New

Hi I'm New

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi I'm New

Postby lou75 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:49 pm

Hi everyone
where do i start Happy Valentines day. I have had fibromyalgia since I was in my 20's I'm 38 I have 2 lovely children both girls one is coming 18 and one coming 8 years old. I live with my wonderful partner dawn so yes I'm gay we have been together now 16 years. hope that doesn't put people off talking to me. I have other health issues spinal problems,bowel incontinence. which don't help they seem to make my fm worse.

I am looking forward to meeting people and just being able to talk to people with fm so then i can try to come to terms with this illness as its getting worse for me now.

well thats me done my first post hope to hear from people feel free to ask me anything.
lou75
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi I'm New

Postby Itsnotinmyhead » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:07 pm

Hi Lou75
and welcome!

As a newbie myself I'm slowly finding my way round the forum and getting to meet people and take advantage of the wealth of advice available. My neurosurgeon thinks I might have Fibromyalgia, but I am still in the process of elimination of other possibilities!
Even though I don't have a definite diagnosis I can relate to so much that I am reading on this forum, and knowing others understand how I feel is such a help.

Hugs :grouphug:
“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
― Maya Angelou
Itsnotinmyhead
UKFM Member

Postby lou75 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:26 pm

lou75
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:42 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:39 pm

:welcome: to our little escape from it all Lou :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

I'm pretty sure that there will be plenty of people who will want to talk to you, it doesn't matter what gender you are, where you come from, who you choose to be your life partner, how many children you may have etc, once you join us, you're part of our FibroFamily :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

You'll find lots of advice, support and understanding on here, as well as a bit of :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: Somewhere is amongst it all there should be some bits that are of interest and help to you in coming to terms with how you are finding things changing.

Anything you want to know about, just ask, and hopefully we'll be able to point you towards a helpful reply :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby mishy 42 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:17 am

hi, Thanks alot for all the imformation. I was told i have fibro in nov 2013. I was bother with my back, slip discs. Then after 3 years of unbearable pain. I been complaining to my doctor every week til they xray my r. knee and hip. only to tell me that i need to have a full hip replacement cos of the arthritis. But now i have fibro the doctor just say that the pain will always be there. The days that i can't seem to do any thing. can't sleep, my hips even my new one are sore. I been put on duloxtine now. which does not even touch
my pain. Been on pregablin for 4-5 years now. The pain clinic say i have very very bad nerves and this fibro is apart of that now. Sorry to go on. There is so many of us with fibro. Hope we all find peace. Thanks again.
mishy 42
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello