[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - spine pain

spine pain

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

spine pain

Postby ginag1985 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:50 pm

Hi I'm new here.I havn't been diagnosed with fibro yet,but I'm concerned its what I'm suffering with. It started with pain in my ribs and breast bone and on my back and shoulders,they really hurt to touch.doctor said it was muscle,then I started with pains all over my spine, really tender to touch in places. doctor said muscle again.my question is can fibro effect the spine,I've had a look at the 18 hot spots I do have a quite a few but they don't cause a lot of pain, only when pressure put on. its my spine that hurts the most so not sure if its fibro I've got or not,also been suffering with headaches deppression anxiety ibs symptoms.thanks x
ginag1985
UKFM Newbie

Re: spine pain

Postby moonstone64 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:30 pm

Hi. I'm new on here too but have suffered from acute Fibromyalgia for approximately 15 years. The best advice that I can give is to ask your doctor to refer you to see someone at the hospital. A lot of doctors are still not understanding what fibromyalgia is and how it affects sufferers. A referral can be the best way of finding out what is wrong.
moonstone64
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:35 pm

:cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: and :welcome: to our little bit of cyber heaven :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

I've moved you into here with this being your intro post as it's the most suitable board :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

FM isn't like something such as arthritis which can affect and harm areas/joints of the body. FM can affect all the muscles and soft tissues around the body, which, depending on what area is affected, can make it feel like a joint is being targeted. Wrt your spine, it is possible that FM is affecting the muscles etc around that area, which then makes it seem like your actual spine is being attacked.

With what you have said about looking at the 18 hot spots, I'm guessing that you've been looking at body maps of tender points in relation to FM :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: These 18 pairs of tender points generally don't feel too painful until pressure is applied to them, and when it is, even the slightest amount applied can feel like someone is stabbing you in the area.

Has FM been suggested as a possible reason for what you have been experiencing symptom~wise, or has Dr Googly pointed you in our direction when you asked him about your symptoms???

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby ginag1985 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:15 pm

Hi yea I typed in.my symptoms and fibro was mentioned,I'm.still not sure if this is what I'm suffering with cuz the stories I have read ppl are in a lot of pain daily,well I'm not its only when I touch certain places it hurts,my whole body seems to hurt in places like my hips and sides everywhere feels tender,my ribs still feel sore but don't hurt when moving.I'm so confused as I don't understand why I have so many pains all over.
ginag1985
UKFM Newbie

Postby zaininayah » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:27 pm

Hi. I have fybromalgia and the worst pain I get everyday is in my neck and all of my spine. It's gets stiff. Swells up in the middle of my back more towards upper back. Can straighten my back. The pain travels into my chest. Ribs and tummy area. I even find breathing difficult. I can describe the pain as if there are pins embedded in my spine. And there is very sharp pulsating pain. I've had a bad day today. I can feel the pain in my chest and back of the upper arms and sweeping of the elbows. I'm not happy today.
zaininayah
UKFM Member

Postby zaininayah » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:28 pm

Sorry I meant cannot straighten my back.
zaininayah
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:03 pm

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Marky Fibro ME » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:15 pm

Your symptoms sound virtually identical to mine and I am diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.
It all started with pain & stiffness in my spineband then spread to other areas over about 4 years.
Hope this helps. :)
Marky Fibro ME
UKFM Member

Postby ginag1985 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:51 pm

I'm going to mention it to my doctor next week and see if they can put me in.touch with someone who deals with this,I just want to know once and for all what's going on,I suffer with health anxiety so all these pains I have I'm turning in to bad things,the pains in.my ribs and back I thought it could be lung cancer,the pain in my spine I thought maybe a tumor the pains in my hips I thought cancer,the change in bowel habbits I thought bowel cancer,its driving me crazy that I'm backwards and forwards to the doctors and they just say I don't know what it is,the pain in my spine dosnt hurt unless I touch it apply pressure,its in.2 or 3 places along my spine,is this what it can feel like.I really hope the doctors can point me in the right direction
ginag1985
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:28 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum, you have had some good advice especially from Fluppypuffy so I cant add any more except to reiterate you need to go back to your doc and ask the question
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:01 pm

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello