Hi

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi

Postby bobomason » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:58 am

Hello everyone. Please forgive any mistakes I make as I have never posted anything on a forum :-? My name is Becky and I am 46 years old. I live with my partner (in her house). I've had FM since the mid 90's and still have difficulty coping with it. My partner seems to think I 'put it on' or exaggerate it and it is one thing in a long list of problems we have, but I won't bore you with that! However, the depression and pain is worse than ever at the moment as my relationship appears to be over. I don't have anyone to talk to who understands FM. I just feel so alone.
I let my mind wander....it never came back!
bobomason
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi

Postby sam4johnny » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:30 pm

Hi Hun, I'm new here too and my partner also doesn't understand. We're constantly arguing about anything and everything and I too feel alone. Hope we both find what we need from being. How are you feeling in yourself anyway? X
Mummy to two boys, 4 & 7, FM & Bipolar AND full-time undergraduate student! I must be MAD!!

Everything happens for a reason - just don't know the reason I'm so ill!! :(
sam4johnny
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:50 pm

:welcome: to our little bit of cyber heaven Becky :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Sorry to hear how things are with your OH at the moment :( :( :( Unfortunately there are some people who, for whatever reason, are unable to grasp what FM is, and what it can be like to live with. There are a couple of things on here that you could try and show her if you want to give it another try. Have a look at One To Show The Non Believers and The Spoon Theory when you get a minute and see if you think they might help in some way.

With the worries about your relationship pressing on you, FM will be feeding on it all. Have you been to see your GP recently about things, as they may be able to suggest something in addition to and/or twiddle and tweak with other treatments etc you are on to help make you a touch more comfortable thru this upsetting and troubled time.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:20 pm

Hi Becky and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby bobomason » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:25 pm

Hi, so sorry for not replying to anyone. I have posted an update of my situation on the living with fibro - topic - stress is most definitely a factor. Thank you for being so welcoming and for the advice. I have a doctors appointment next week so fingers crossed he can help x
Last edited by bobomason on Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobomason
UKFM Newbie

Postby raki85 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:28 pm

My partner also thinks I am dramatic and thinks I put it on I suffer with depression and anxiety I don't think anyone will ever no unless they live with it. Even the dr at the hospital told me I'm making my self disabled and it's mostly in my head xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
raki85
UKFM Newbie

Postby bobomason » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:31 pm

Hello raki85 :-) it saddens me to hear your partner doesn't understand. Not only do we have the fibro to contend with but peoples dis-belief on top. As for doctors, well, many of them have no bedside manners. I have been told various insults over the years I have suffered with fibro - you are over weight and lazy , and as I was lying down for an examination one doctor said 'you have pain in your back because of this' and poked me in my stomach! The doctor I have at present is brilliant but I'm moving soon (as I am separating from afore mentioned partner) and I worry about finding a doctor who is supportive and sympathetic, as in my experience doctors like that are few and far between. Could you change your doctor at all hun?
bobomason
UKFM Newbie

Postby raki85 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:49 pm

Hi it's a joke isn't it it jus makes u feel even more depressed n down I'm only 29 u see I av two boys 10 an 7 lucky for me they r really good kids I'm going to ask my doc can I be sent to manchester royal as my local hospital are jokers so that's my next step. My mother nana and cousin also suffer wiv fibro so it's in the family. I suppose in time wen I'm
On correct meds etc it will get easy as can b. I go gym daily witch I love witch takes my mind of things a little x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
raki85
UKFM Newbie

Postby bobomason » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:21 am

You have my sympathy raki85. I wish you the best of luck in finding a doctor who is sympathetic and helpful to you. Will you let me know how you get on please? I'm driving up to my Mums near Newcastle at the weekend to take some of my belongings and to escape my ex for a while. Things are quite stressful here at the moment. i guess you just have to try and be positive and enjoy the things that make you happy :-)
bobomason
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello