Newcomer!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Newcomer!

Postby xchristelx » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:06 am

Hi,
I am so pleased to have found this forum and read about other peoples issues with FM. Most people just don't understand why you are in pain and feeling sooo tired all the time etc so the forum will help I'm sure! My hubby fortunately does understand, at least most of the time but I don't feel my employer does and some friends. I have managed not to be off work very often and have gone in feeling very rough many days which does not help things at all. I am a teacher and when I get home I have to go to my bed for an hour to relieve the pains and tiredness. I love my job and give it my all but I am so exhausted every night and don't feel I have much a life other than work so may retire early. Will see how it goes. I am having real difficulty sleeping at night and although I have had amatriptylene for a few months now they are no longer working effectively. Doc gave me sleeping tablets but I am too much of a zombie in the morning when I take them. Is anyone else having sleep issues and have you found anything helps you get a good night sleep?
xchristelx
UKFM Newbie

Re: Newcomer!

Postby hazely » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:47 pm

Hi, just want to welcome you to the forum, i'm a newbie too. I have problems sleeping too and think most of us do, but as yet not found anything to help me, but live in hope.
hazel
hazely
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:56 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum I hope we can offer you the support you need, if you read through some of the posts such as 'one for the non believers' or the 'spoon theory' and perhaps print them out and show your family and friends even maybe your boss it may help them to understand a little more :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby xchristelx » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:45 pm

Thanks for the replies. I will check out the suggestions. Sleep problems seems to be an issue for many!
xchristelx
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello