Hi, newbie here!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi, newbie here!

Postby sam4johnny » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:50 am

Hi all,

I'm new posting but have been an avid reader for a couple of months.

I'll try to keep my story short, but basically I'm 32 with two kids, 3 and 6.

I was diagnosed with hypermobility syndrome at age 6 and have been on ant=depressants since age 15.

After my last C-section 3 and a half years ago I had a pretty awful year with 3 breakdowns and was finally dx'd bipolar and treated correctly. After then reading up on the symptoms I've had for years, and the reason I've just been prescribed painkillers for no apparent reason for 15 years, I found fibromyalgia and told my GP I thought I had it. He referred to me to rhumy and lo and behold yes that's what it is. I now take numerous meds to the point I rattle: 600mg pregabalin, 50mg amytriptaline, 225mg Venlafaxine, 10mg aripiriprazole, and 200mg Lamotrigine, and of course co-codomol 30/500mg every 3 hours. I also take 10.000iu of vit d, glucosamine 1,500mg, omega 3 fish oil 3,000mg, vit B3 complex 16mg, CoQ10 300mg, which I find help, as when I stopped them for a while (coz I rattled) I felt it more.

I'm having a huge flare up at the mo and am on crutches again and am awaiting a decision for DLA HRM as I already get LRM and MRC for bipolar.

I have a partner at home who is disabled himself with several slipped discs and sciatica who doesn't seem to believe my wealth of symptoms and who I argue with on a daily basis. I'm finding it all pretty difficult recently and that's why i'm here - to talk to other sufferers. So I hope to make some new friends and get any advice I can, as well as give my own two penneths worth lol.

Look forward to meeting you all.

Sam x
Mummy to two boys, 4 & 7, FM & Bipolar AND full-time undergraduate student! I must be MAD!!

Everything happens for a reason - just don't know the reason I'm so ill!! :(
sam4johnny
UKFM Member

Re: Hi, newbie here!

Postby xchristelx » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:10 pm

Hi Sam,
Newbie too! Thought I would say hi to the other newbies too. Wow, you are having such a lot to deal with at the moment. Are the meds helping the pain? I think the amitryptilene I take at night is not helping anymore and think I will have to increase it. I hope you hear soon about the decision for DLA HRM. It really can't be easy when your partner has issues to deal with too and you are both having to deal with such a lot. My hubby is pretty understanding but nobody really understands unless you experience it yourself. Keeping positive each day is not easy but I guess we have to keep trying. Hope things improve a bit for you.
xchristelx
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi, newbie here!

Postby denys » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:08 pm

Hi Sam and :welcome: to the forum so sorry to hear you are suffering so badly at the moment, I hope we can give you the support you need :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello