[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - some advice please , feeling drained

some advice please , feeling drained

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

some advice please , feeling drained

Postby paddymcmullan » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:54 am

Hi sorry my profile has not been done , dont know where to do it

I am 41 year old male , over the years ive had back problems , hip problems flare ups , my feet annoy me at night , the feeling that the have to be cracked if that makes sense , i will say sorry now as my spelling is not great or my way of putting words across ..

Over this last few months i have had aches on my lower leg , my hip get real sore , my back as if it both sides of lower back , in the last couple of week my right arm got really sore as if ive pulled a muscle but i have done any thing that would do that , it got to the stage now were both my arms hurt , even to touch , they hurt on the upper muscle between elbow and shoulder inside arm , my wrists are becoming sore too into fingers.

i was at doctors just there on friday he is sending me for blood tests , i find my self wakening up more than ever in the night , my depression has also got worse even though my life has got better job , new baby nice partner and so on . I also feel colder quicker than ever , can even have the duvet come off my skin , i used to have to lay in bed with have my body out of the duvet and have a window slightly open ,

I will thank you in advance for any help as i would hate to have this fibromyalgia but every time i put my symptoms in this word keeps coming up , ps i also get sore head and neck at times

Thanks

P Mc Mullan
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split paragraph into smaller ones for easier reading.
paddymcmullan
UKFM Newbie

Re: some advice please , feeling drained

Postby xchristelx » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:05 pm

Hi,
I'm a newbie too! All these symptoms are not nice and can really get you down. Once you have a more accurate diagnosis following the blood tests hopefully you will be able to get some pain relief etc. I have arthritis and fibromyalgia and I also have the feeling cold syndrome especially in the evening and extreme fatigue, but still can't sleep well at all in the night! The sooner you get the results the better - hope you see your doc soon. I am always being told to exercise more to help the FM and do try, but it is a vicious circle as when you are feeling so tired, down and in pain, the last thing you want to do is exercise!
xchristelx
UKFM Newbie

Postby paddymcmullan » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:57 pm

hi and thanks for dropping by ;)

i was doing plenty of exercise , i was going to a boxing gym twice a week , my work was also a bit of a work out , i just asked my boss to let me go to day ( for good ) as i am becoming weaker and weaker ,more tired and tired , i cant keep up any more .

Its pretty annoying and gets you down a lot .. totally fed up with pains

Thanks again

Paddy
paddymcmullan
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:51 pm

:welcome: to our little FibroFamily Paddy :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Sorry to hear how things are for you at the moment :grouphug: :grouphug:

Sending you for the blood tests is one of the first steps taken when trying to help someone find out what is affecting them, so you're off on the right road.

When someone asks for advice along the lines of what you seem to be looking for, there are a number things we suggest trying that might be helpful.

You could print up some details about FM from a reputable source, such as and/or Go thru it and highlight/make notes about the symptoms you have in common with what is in the info, and also make notes/highlights about other symptoms/problems you may experience that aren't mentioned in the info. Once you have compiled your info, try to go thru it all and explain why you feel FM could be what is affecting you.

Once you've dome something like this, make an appt with your GP and take your various sheets/notes with you. Having them with you can help as a prompt/reminder of the things you want/need to get across to give your GP as clear an image of what you are juggling with each day as possible. You can also pass the notes over to your GP to read if you find explaining things a little difficult/uncomfortable.

Some patience is needed for doing this as it can take time. This is due to there being no widely~available test that shows FM, so other conditions that share very similar symptoms with it are investigated as part of the dx~ing process. These other conditions, incl RA and Lupus are looked into, and if nothing shows, they are then discounted from the list of possible problems. Once they have all been ruled out, this is when a FM dx tends to be given.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:00 pm

Hi Paddy and :welcome: to the forum, there's some good advice been given by the other posters so all I will say is I hope we can give you the support you need and have a read through the boards. There is a lot to take in so maybe read and then revisit when needed :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby debsmith » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:22 pm

Hia paddy

Poor u sending a :hugs: it does take quite a while to get a diagnosis its quite frustrating but stick with it and i agree get the info on good sites sounds bonkers but i always take a list with me to gp,rhummi or painclinic as when u get there what u want to ask can go out the window! good luck with results of blood test, re: arms etc when ur asleep do they wake u by numbness+tingling? may b ask ur gp to be refered to pain clinic?

i also get cold easy now then the opposite! grrrrr good luck
debsmith
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:48 pm

Hi Paddy, have a bit of patience, I know it is hard. Your Dr seems to be on the right track doing blood tests. They will eliminate any other issue and make it easier to diagnose fibro. You have already been given good advise here so I don't have anything else to add.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby paddymcmullan » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:29 pm

thanks every one , will keep you up to date :lol:
paddymcmullan
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello