Hello everyone

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello everyone

Postby joanne1805 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:54 pm

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to stop by and say hello :-D I have CFS and Fibromyalgia :( I first got CFS 5 years ago after I got Glandular Fever and have never been the same since. I was off work for a long time then reduced my hours to 60% in order to cope with it better. Then almost 2 years ago I had an operation which didn't exactly go to plan and since then my CFS symptoms got a lot worse, but more symptoms appeared which i'd never had before, and then my doctor diagnosed me with Fibro after doing various other elimination tests.

I'm having a hard time coping with both conditions at the moment and have had to take time of work. I have a 10 year old Son and an 8 year old Daughter and I constantly battle on doing things even if I don't feel like it. however for the last 2 weeks I just can't even seem to do anything without feeling very ill. My pain is worse on the right hand side - is this normal? My neck, shoulder, back, knee and foot are very sore and the pain killers just don't seem to be working. I'm a vegetarian so i'm interested in exploring the diet element on making symptoms better. Not sure where to start though, any ideas with this?
Thanks,
Joanne
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split paragraph into smaller ones for easier reading.
joanne1805
UKFM Member

Re: Hello everyone

Postby debsmith » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:13 pm

Hia

Awwwww poor u hun having such a rough time at min think so many of us are having flare up,s I get worse if damp grr hurry up spring!!!!
Re: diet me too I'm trying differant things but I'm not veggie tho I am a chef,ensure u eat pulses hun! Have u tried spinach salads but apparently duno if true but tomatoe,s are not good 4us with fibro "don't" quote me on that tho lol!

Pasta is good,jacket potatoes,u need protein tho so try quorn products,garlic,try a bean rattitui with butter beans etc,vegtable bakes u can always make 2 + pop 1 in freezer 4 another day,do u eat cheese? Don't eat too many bannana,s,penut butter b good 4u if ur not allergic? Beetroot is good too,don't skimp on the vitimins u need tho hun, hope that's of some help,u could also make a vegatarian lasagne with ( spinach )
Re: 1 sided pain I have outer knee pain that "was" only on right but now creeping on left GR!!! I also have back pain on left side but that's S1/L5 so pass hun I'm sure every 1 differant but 1 things 4 sure fibro is BEEP BEEP!!!!!! Xxx
debsmith
UKFM Member

Postby joanne1805 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:53 pm

Aw thanks Debs that's really helpful :-D I'm so pleased i've found this forum and can talk to people who know exactly what it is like as unless you are going through it you can't really truly understand or explain xx
joanne1805
UKFM Member

Postby debsmith » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:07 am

Hia joanne

Ur most welcome hunni and yeah its a real toughie! I agree unless u have it ur self there is not much chance of "grasping" it I have given up trying to explain it to OH!!!! Gave him a list to google+reasearch yet still hasn't done it!!!! Very very frustrating indeed! My daughter tho is amazing and puts him to shame tbh! Thank god I have a supportive GP he's great and realli listens and acts mind u I rattle lol!!!! I still work but part time + even that it tough! I cum back and literaly stay on my bed not threw choice either

I'm so glad I have my lush dogs to snuggle up to and my daughter walks them every day to exept when raining hard they refuse to go ha ha! Bless them and have a rather lazy cat but he's so cute! Do u have any animals? Xxx
debsmith
UKFM Member

Postby joanne1805 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:34 am

Hey Debs,
Yeh I have 3 dogs well technically 2 as the 3rd one is my Father In Laws, but as he works for my Husband he is here most of the time and i'm his Mammy :-) So I have 1 Sprocker Spaniel called Daisy and 2 working Cocker Spaniel's called Toffee and Raven. They are all absolutely gorgeous and I love them to bits although they are very much like my 2 children and can be very naughty Lol We also have a tortoise and fish :roll: We all love animals and i'm lucky that my Husband takes them for walks most days although if i'm having a good day then we all take them out as I do love to walk but haven't done much of it lately! Just hoping this flare up will go away soon xx
joanne1805
UKFM Member

Postby debsmith » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:47 am

Hia

Awwwwww they sound lush and LOL re naughty ha ha my two are like that too! Especialy oscar ten mth staff x he hates it if we go out he can turn house upside down within half hour AHH!!! So we try hard to not leave him little rascall but seperation issues! And I have a australian kelpi who is also a loon!! I have fostered woofs for a while katie is ball or frizzbee mad! Both love water too, I love tortoises we also have lola the rat,tom+jerry the chinchilla,s and a 7 year old guinee pig a mini zoo but bring much joy esp on days where u feel so S@@T

I too am so glad I found this website such a godsend!!! Every one so nice ur never alone either always sum1 to have a natter to or a good old rant!! I hope u feel better soon well as we can b xxx
debsmith
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello