Doctor Says Fibro, But Not Sure.....

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Doctor Says Fibro, But Not Sure.....

Postby toniwalker » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:30 pm

Hi all new here seeking help and advice. Basically my mum died 6 years ago to lung cancer. I found her when she died and very traumatic for me. About a year later I went downhill started with heavy arms ache all the time and so painful.

My ribcage is tender like its bruised. I have pain in my jaw and tingling one side of my face. My back aches and my leg has spasms. I get dizzy lack concentration and memory not great. Im very low and tearful alot because I hurt all the time. I have no energy at all and now top it all my bladder isnt great. Been to doctor said its fibro. Then I start reading about MS so how do I make sure there right? Seems just got pills and thats it. Any ideas please x
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split off from topic it had been attached to as on a different subject and retitled more relevantly.
toniwalker
UKFM Newbie

Re: Doctor Says Fibro, But Not Sure.....

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:52 am

:welcome: to our FibroFamily Toni :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

With this being your first post, I've split it from where you originally posted it, moved it into here and made it into a separate topic so that any replies that are made will all be in one place rather than getting lost in the middle of a different topic.

With any queries, worries etc about your dx, the first thing you need to do is talk to your GP about it. Explain why you feel it may not be the right dx for you, and see what could possibly be said and done to help you with things.

MS and FM do share an awful lot of symptoms, so it's understandable why you are wondering about it. However, MS does show signs/markers etc in scans, tests etc, whereas FM doesn't show up in any of the widely used tests, scans etc that are often run when investigating your symptoms. Depending on what tests and things you have had done, it is possible that MS and some other conditions that also share similar symptoms, have already been ruled out, and based on these results and what you have said about your various symptoms and problems, your doc has whittled it down to FM being the remaining dx.

As I've said tho, you need to go and initially see your GP about things.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby toniwalker » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:02 pm

Thankyou well today doctor says definitely fibro so now gotta find ways to feel like me again. Always feel so achey :( not nice thankyou for advice be nicw to chat to people like myself here x
toniwalker
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:42 pm

Hi Toni its sometimes difficult to accept the fibro diagnosis for some members it was difficult to accept that it wasnt something else. If you have had all the tests and scans etc. then maybe you have to accept that your doc has got it right. However if you develop any new or differing symptoms then its always sensible to go back and get them checked out.

:welcome: to the forum and I hope we can offer you some support if and when you need it :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello