New Here

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New Here

Postby Manxman » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:19 pm

Hi People

I've recently (last July) been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Having been a 'reader' for a little while, I thought I would join and introduce myself.

I'm a 43 year old fella from the Isle of Man. Although only recently diagnosed, I believe I have suffered from Fibromyalgia for a number of years...possibly 7 or 8 years. I am full of aches and pains all over but I have an old prolapsed disc injury which is now crippling me. Saying that, apart from my back, I don't suffer half as much as some of you poor people.

My main debilitating symptoms are the 'Head Fog' or 'Fibro Fog'. I can't handle any noise. If two people are talking, there may as well be one hundred people talking. Any stressful situations make me feel like my head will explode. I get anxious very easily around people which, if you knew the type of person I used to be, is laughable. I used to thrive on being the centre of attention having a laugh and a joke with the lads but now I'm always trying to avoid these situations.

I get very emotional really easily now, especially when trying to describe to people what I'm going through on a daily basis but you know they don't really believe you. It's as if they are thinking 'well, you can't be suffering from THAT many different things'. When asked what's up with me now, I find it easier to just say 'oh you don't want to know' or 'I haven't got time to go through it all' and try to laugh it off.

The truth is, I WANT people to know and understand. Because this is an invisible chronic illness, I feel as though hardly anyone believes you so I feel as though I need to justify how I'm feeling. I know I shouldn't feel this way but I do. Maybe it's a bit of depression creeping through. Who wouldn't be depressed having to deal with what we do on a daily basis lol.

Anyway, I've waffled on too long and my hands are sore. I'd be crippled if I typed out all my symptoms, as I'm sure all you good people would be to. I hope you are all having one of those all to frequent 'good days'.

Take care

Bod
(Manxman)
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split into smaller, clearer paragraphs for easier reading.
Manxman
UKFM Newbie

Re: New Here

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:10 pm

:cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: Bod and :welcome: to our FibroFamily :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

You'll find that, altho somewhat of a rarity, there are a number of fellow FM~fellas on here, so you're not completely alone. We all tend to play pretty gently tho as we know from our experiences how unpleasant things can be.

What you've described with how life has changed for you, and how you have found yourself changing are things that most of us have experienced in some way, shape or form as we travel thru FibroShire, LaaLaaLand. I've become the polar opposite of how I was preFM which makes me :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair:

Anything you want to know about, then just ask about it, and hopefully we'll be able to point you in the direction of a useful answer :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello