Hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello

Postby lala » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:42 pm

Hi, I was diagnosed with Fibro 6 years ago, I live in Newcastle upon tyne. I have always accepted I have fibro but thought that people including my gp thought I was making the sypmtoms up, I have started looking at fibro online and realise that it is indeed real and its not just me, so hello! Thanks
lala
UKFM Member

Re: Hello

Postby joanne1805 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:57 pm

Hi Lala,
Welcome! I'm from Newcastle area too, a born and bred Geordie! :-D I have CFS and Fibro and you are right its very hard getting people to understand when some days you can't understand it yourself. Its so frustrating at times!!! I'm lucky that my GP is great and also the company I work for, i'm having a bad flare up at the moment so have just gone back onto the sick for a while. And it is indeed very real, but I guess its a case of until you go through it yourself its hard for people to understand.
Joanne x
joanne1805
UKFM Member

Postby lala » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:48 am

Hi Joanne, sorry to hear you are poorly at the moment, its such a horrid illness, im hurting loads too at the moment which gets me down anyway. I have to walk with two sticks these days and I hate it, it makes life so hard sometimes, how often do you get flare ups?
lala
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:00 am

:welcome: to our FibroFamily lala :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Hopefully you'll find the forum a supportive and understanding place. We also like to have a :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: when we can, as it all helps with getting thru the FibroDays :-D :-D :-D

Sadly there are those who can't/won't believe that FM is real, incl members of the medical fraternity. Things are slowly improving tho, with more GPs being much more aware of FM and its associated friends, and taking steps to investigate and dx the condition, so there is hope that this awareness can be spread even further afield at some point along the line :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
:fingerscrossed:

Anything you want to know about, just ask about it, and we'll try to help you with an answer :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby lala » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:30 am

Thank you for the lovely welcome. I guess the hardest part is the pain and fatigue, but all the other things added up can be just as bad. I feel like I have tons and tons of symptoms, its a very complex condition isn't it? thanks again. Lala
lala
UKFM Member

Postby praline » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:25 pm

Hi Lala,

I was convinced it was all my head and that gp wasn't really listening, it was only when podiatrist commented about always being in pain, er yes, he insisted I get a referral, pain dr sure its fibro and one of the physios I saw , just waiting for official diagnosis when I see the rheumatologist.. take care x
Waiting for official diagnosis but it all makes sense now..its not in my head..it was always real..
praline
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello