[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi im new here

Hi im new here

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi im new here

Postby DebiP10 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:14 pm

Hi to everyone, this is my first time here and hardly know much about this condition until today. Little bit about me, im 47 and have suffered with neck issues for more than 10 years with occasional flare up. 2 years ago i had an mri which showed total disc wear in c3 to c7. After 5 months off work and on meds i returned only for it to flare up again in october 13 but this also was accompanied with sciatic pain, knee pain and shoulders joint pain, wrist,fingers and thumb pain. I was refered to muscular skeletal who said it was arthritis and sent me for bloods which came back with a high inflammatory marker and low vitamin d (34). That was in January and she refered me to a rheumatologist which ive just seen today.

He gave me a thorough examination and said i think you have fibromyalgia but to be sure i also had numerous blood tests and xrays on my hands and feet and waiting on results. He also informed me to go to my GP to increase the strength of meds im on, gabapention 3x300mg tramadol 4x100mg and paracetamol. Im totally confused as to why he thinks its fibro as i do have an underlying condition in my neck but this was not made known to him, he never had any of my previous blood results or the mri results. Am i right or wrong in thinking fibro gives muscle pain as my pain is not in my muscles but in my joints? Also the fatigue part, im not overly tired, yeah my sleep is crap as im awake half the night in pain. Anyway, sorry for the long post, im just a bit scared and worried. xxx :(
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made paragraphs a little clearer for easier reading.
DebiP10
UKFM Member

Re: Hi im new here

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:09 pm

:welcome: to our little sanctuary Debi :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

It's not unusual to be thinking and feeling as your are at the moment, after you've been told you have FM. Everything you knew has been turned downside~up and outside~in, and things need time to start and settle back down and make a little more sense.

It is possible to have FM alongside another condition, and there may well have been some comments about this condition in the referral letter and info that was sent to the rheumy, along with results of tests that you have undergone previously, which has helped with the dx~ing process.

FM does give rise to pain in muscles and other soft tissues such as tendons and ligaments, and it can be the radiating pain in these tissues that help hold joints together that can make it feel like the pain is actually joint~related. Fatigue~wise, it can affect us all very differently, so whilst you may not feel too bad, it may still be at a suitable level to suggest FM.

If you feel that you may have been misdx'd then you need to go back to see your GP initially. If you can compile some info/details of why you feel you have been misdx'd, it could help your GP answer your questions and concerns.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: Hi im new here

Postby DebiP10 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:52 pm

Hi Fluffypuppy, thank you so much for your reply. I think its just shock after so many years of being told its one thing then finally someone has actually said its something else. I seen my GP today as the rheumy advised me to go about my current meds and night time pain, hes increased my gabapention to 600mg at night instead of 300, which i have to try for 10-14 and if no change im back down to review meds. He has also gave me colecalciferol 800u 1 a day for vitamin D and blood tests after 4 weeks to see if level needs increased. I think im just overcome by it all as i was left in the dark for years. After only 1 day this forum has been a great help in helping gain knowledge and comfort from everyone whos suffering and i dont feel like im going mad anymore :-) xx
DebiP10
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello