hi :)

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hi :)

Postby charr_96 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:23 pm

Hi :)
I'm 17 years old and have been recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia, I was just wondering if there were any good things that anyone has found to control the symptoms as I seem to have all of them?!
charr_96
UKFM Newbie

Re: hi :)

Postby denys » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:13 pm

Hi Charr, try talking to your doctor about your options, some docs are reluctant to prescribe some of the stronger pain meds to people as young as you whereas others arent.

Its important you try to keep moving so that your muscles dont stiffen up as this leads to more pain but its just as important to pace and listen to your body so that you dont overdo things :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby charr_96 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:21 pm

I went to the doctors on friday and was given a different type of anti-inflammatory medication because nothing has worked before.. e'll see how that goes :-)
thanks for your advice about keeping moving! im at college 4 days a week so walk alot, im going to start swimming too as i've heard that could help?!
charr_96
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:28 pm

:welcome: to our FibroFamily Charr :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Hopefully the new med you've been given will help you feel a little more comfortable :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Wrt adding some swimming into the exercise you currently do, add it in gradually, and increase things very gently so as not to take too much out of yourself. It's far better to take your time with doing something than trying to do it all at once and end up with a flare biting you on the :girl_moon: :girl_moon: and flooring you.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello