[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello

Hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello

Postby EvMuir » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:41 pm

Hi everyone I am Evelyn but get called Ev. I was diagnosed with fibro at least 12 years ago. I thought at the time that I was being fobbed off as I had never heard of it. It did settle for a while but 5 years ago I started having major back problems and had to have a microdiscectomy and disc enucleation. Everything was ok for a couple of years then the disc totally collapsed. I had to wait 16 months for surgery and the fibro came back with a vengeance. I have had spinal fusion and disc stabilisation.

I also have osteoarthritis in my spine, knees, shoulder and now in my feet and hands. I am on amitriptyline, dihydrocodiene, gabapentine and paracetamol and dizapam when required I also have to take meds to protect my tummy along with docusate and movecol. I hate having to take so many meds and have tried days without taking some and end up in worse pain.

I am still working part time and make myself get up and go. I have recently been to a pain clinic and am now going to be getting physio and injections into my back. I try not to let fibro and these other problems interfer in my life but they do. I do have excellent support from my hubby and 3 sons :-D which is a god send but also a bit soul destroying for me as there are many things that I can no longer manage to do. :( I am glad that I have found this forum as there is a lot of great advice. :-D
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split large paragraph into several smaller ones for easier reading.
EvMuir
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:05 pm

:welcome: to our little FibroFamily Ev :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

I've split your post into smaller paragraphs to make it easier to read. Quite a few of us on here struggle when it comes to reading larger blocks of text and end up getting lost and rereading the same line over and over again :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

It's nice to hear you're glad you've found us, we try to keep things as understanding and supportive as possible.

Unfortunately FM get's its bony fingers into every possible nook and cranny we have in our lives, which is a real pain in the :girl_moon: :girl_moon: :girl_moon: Even with this tho, it is still possible to have a bit of :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: and a :lol: :lol: :lol: as they all help with getting thru the FibroDays.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: Hello

Postby denys » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:29 am

Hi Ev and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello