[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - New member diagnosed 2009 first support group

New member diagnosed 2009 first support group

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New member diagnosed 2009 first support group

Postby aaronsmum » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:24 pm

Hello i am 39, a single parent to an 18 year old (very unsympathetic)boy. I had an accident in 2007 and was diagnosed with fibro in 2009. I am going through a particularly rough patch. I have never joined a support group before but find myself craving for people that can understand when I say I am being swallowed whole by the pain and that I am on the floor unable to move. Ups and downs are part of fibro so I will get through it like I have in the past so don't worry. I have had most treatments and therapies and the list of meds is a mile long. I am a patient at a large surgery so get a different doc each time I go. I think they like change for changes sake. I have also been diagnosed with arthritis, reynauds, depression, ibs, nerve damage and minor facet joint abnormalities. I think that covers it. I currently haven't had much sleep for the past 3 days so am feeling a bit sorry for myself. I recently didn't leave my house for 4 weeks. I have had bad patches over the last few years so ill be ok not like you have a lot of choice really. On that happy note nice to meet you all.x
aaronsmum
UKFM Newbie

Re: New member diagnosed 2009 first support group

Postby denys » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:30 am

Hi aaronsmum and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby praline » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:10 pm

I am new here and waiting for official diagnosis but wanted to just say hi and that I understand everything is so much worse when you don't sleep! I took my first dose of amitriptyline last night and actually slept through the night, was a miracle! :sleep:
Waiting for official diagnosis but it all makes sense now..its not in my head..it was always real..
praline
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:03 pm

:welcome: to our FibroFamily aaronsmum :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Hopefully we'll be able to offer you support and understanding when you need it. There is a lot of info and advice across the boards, so maybe have a bit of a looky and a read as you find your way around the place, you may come across some suggestions to try out that could help make things a little more manageable for you.

Anything you want to know about, either have a search thru some of the topics, or ask about it, there tends to be someone not too far away who may have some advice for you :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello