[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello .. waiting for official diagnosis

Hello .. waiting for official diagnosis

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello .. waiting for official diagnosis

Postby praline » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:12 pm

Hello all - my first post here! I am 31, living in Surrey and working full time as a health care assistant but struggling more and more..will give a rough run down! I live with my boyfriend who is very patient with me, thankfully!

I have not felt 'right' for a long time, as in many years and had frequent muscular aches and pains over the last 15 years but since last April when I started getting severe throbbing, often burning and sharp pain in my feet and legs, not to mention everywhere else I have found myself going back and forth to doctors and getting increasingly upset or frustrated. OR both! I was initially referred to podiatrist, and after a wrong address letter I finally saw him in November and was prescribed new insoles, which arrived just before Xmas. During that time I also went 2, maybe 3 times to gp complaining of pain and was prescribed gabapentin, which apart from making me suicidal did nothing and I took myself off it last month. I was diagnosed with Chrondromalacia patallae early last year following years of knee pain and previously unsuccessful knee surgeries but refused more surgery, however I am struggling now to get upstairs and have agreed to see ortho surgeon again - which is tomorrow!

I sleep terribly, despite buying a new mattress, pillows, etc still struggle to get comfortable and if I lay on my left side the pain when I wake up is simply awful and stays there all day. I never feel refreshed when waking and often just count the hours till I have to get up. I suffer from near daily headaches, migraines and brain fog. 3 years ago I had a type ab 2/3 Thymoma re-sected, and given all clears but suffer with constant pain from the site, despite physio. I've also had IBS 16 odd years, and as a result had various stages of piles and surgery to correct things down there, and several blood transfusions. I suffer regulars bouts of nausea, occasional vomiting and feel generally exhausted on varying degrees. I have dizzy/ lightheaded spells, and feeling 'spaced out' regularly! Had the odd bouts of blurred vision - saw optician and all okay visually..apparently anyway!

I feel so stiff the whole time, and saw occ health last week on a self referral and the conclusion is I need to look at a less physical job but depends on tomorrow's meeting. I am terrified its not going to get better and I will end up on benefits. I started crying during the meeting and feeling pretty emotional but friends and family are being very supportive.

I've been very depressed in the past and suffer with constant anxiety. Previously had REBT (a type of CBT) and been on citalopram. I wonder now how much is related to fibro?

So I finally saw a pain consultant last week, on the insistence of the podiatrist and he has said its most likely Fibromyalgia but also to see a rheumatologist to rule out anything else, am to start Amitriptyline - tonight and going to a TENS clinic in May.

So that's me in a small nutshell really! I am glad I am not alone but frequently burst into tears and want it all to stop. Trying to stay positive, not much else I can do!

Thanks for reading if you got this far! x
Waiting for official diagnosis but it all makes sense now..its not in my head..it was always real..
praline
UKFM Member

Re: Hello .. waiting for official diagnosis

Postby mrsk89 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:20 pm

hello :wave: i also live in surrey welcome to the forum i am fairly new myself and like you am on citalopram for depression and severe anxiety its fab that your boyfriend is so patient my husband is too and i certainly wouldnt cope at all without him i saw a rhuematologist last week he ordered a a chest and both hip xrays i am also going to have an mri in april of my spine and hips and pelvis, good luck with getting your diagnosis and sorting out work hun xx gentle hugs
mrsk89
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:33 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum hope you get some answers soon
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby praline » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:57 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Mrsk89 - am no longer on citalopram but occ health have suggested I restart if my moods don't improve..! x
Waiting for official diagnosis but it all makes sense now..its not in my head..it was always real..
praline
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:08 pm

:welcome: to our FibroFamily Praline :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

You find lots of info and advice across the boards, support and understanding, and a little :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: as well, to help with getting thru the FibroDays :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Have a bit of a looky and a read as you find your way around the place. Anything you want to know about, have a search thru things and see if anything pops up, or ask away, it doesn't usually take too long for someone to :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: with a reply :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello