New to site and recently diagnosed

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New to site and recently diagnosed

Postby amarkwell67 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:34 pm

Hi recently been diagnosed after 2 years of doctors humming over stuff. Not too sure how I have got this condition. I do have liver cirrhosis with related muscular and nerve conditions. I suspect this to be the cause .also my nan had poly myalgia and on reading it is headatery conditions. I am taking gabapentin and tramadole not specifically for condition as yet but they want move me to paragablin. Anyone got any thoughts, I have to be careful with contradiction s with my liver disease.

Basically its a hi and hopefully a welcome and learn from other peoples experience s here. Any life change items to do.

Andy - chesterfield..
amarkwell67
UKFM Newbie

Re: New to site and recently diagnosed

Postby denys » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:59 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave: there is a lot of information about different meds members are on, pregablin or Lyrica is a commonly used med, but they normally try amitriptyline, nortriptyline or gabapentin before Lyrica as they are a cheaper alternative. Maybe its because of the problems with your liver :?: :?: :?:

Look around, use the search facility and generally ask questions and hopefully you will get the answers you need
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby hazely » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:15 pm

Hi just wanted to say welcome. Sorry no advise on the meds.
hazely
UKFM Member

Postby atko64 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:08 pm

Hi and welcome.
I was on gabapentin but started to lose my hair so I came off that and was then put on pregabalin which has been fine. No side effects at all. Mind you we are all different eh ! I was put on mirtazapine for depression and the side effect for that for me was weight gain yet my friend was ok. All us fibro sufferers have different cocktails of meds. Anything is worth a try. I have my first appointment with the pain clinic on Friday so that will be interesting. :-D :?:
atko64
UKFM Member

Postby littlemac0191 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:39 pm

Psychiatrist put me on Duloxetine 90mg and Rheumatologist agreed. Great for depression and pain, also helps with leaky bladder some how, !! Add to that Dyhidracodeine, doesnt eliminte the pain, nothing does but at least it doesnt have as many side effects and I am not as loopy as I was on Amytriptaline. Paracetamol boosts the effect of both tablets. Anything stronger and i am away with the fairies.
littlemac0191
UKFM Member

Postby maxinevalentina » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:00 pm

All I can say is I was in ur situation 3 months ago
Go to the docs ask for blood tests because a lot of us have vitamin D deficiency
I also have b12 iron folic acid deficiency
I'm still trying to get my head round it and I'm not happy atm so much pain always tired
But talking on here is a good step
you'll never know how strong you are untill being strong is the only choice you have
maxinevalentina
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:59 pm

:cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: and :welcome: to our little FibroFamily :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

I've moved your topic into here from where you had originally made it with it being your intro. I've also removed the one you had posted earlier to save on the confusion and chaos that comes when duplicated replies are made.

There are quite a lot of people taking Pregabalin to help with their FM, and it can be an effective med. It is sometimes described as a cleaner and more effective version of Gabapentin, and in some cases, when Gabapentin doesn't suit/isn't particularly effective, Pregabalin can be a better option.

Have a bit of a looky and read around the boards as they are packed with all sorts of info and advice that you may find helpful. Anything that you're wondering about, just ask and we'll try and help you with it :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby amarkwell67 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:02 pm

Thanks guys for replies helpful. Doctor has increased my paragab
In on 200mg and will gradually increase. Thinking ofutting me of duxoline. Stayed in most of this week wth pain.
amarkwell67
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello