[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - New to site and recently diagnosed

New to site and recently diagnosed

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New to site and recently diagnosed

Postby angejane » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:44 pm

Hi All

I have recently been told I have Fibromyalgia after seeing doctors and a rheumatologist for a year and a half. I do feel relieved to finally get a diagnosis after two mri scans have been clear, a chest x ray, mammogram and all my blood tests. I have sore neck, back, ribs, hips etc, stiffness and fatigue. I found Gaberpentin didn't work for me, I then tried Amitriptyline but the higher dose made me too dopey. I was then prescribed Nortriptyline which I ended up being allergic too. I am on Naproxyn and a low dose of Pregablin at the moment. I expect the pregablin dosage will be increased the next time I see the doctor. I am still in pain but actually slept all through the night last night which makes a change. I have also started swimming which my doctor advised me to do. After saying I don't think I could do it, after forcing myself to go I have found that I can go swimming and enjoy it at my own pace. I am looking forward to joining in with the forums. I feel it has taken me a while for the doctors to believe how I feel. One day I just wrote a list of everything, saw my doctor and explained everything and he listened. :-)
angejane
UKFM Newbie

Re: New to site and recently diagnosed

Postby denys » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:28 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:46 pm

:welcome: to our little sanctuary angejane :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

I've split your post off from where you had originally made it so any replies that you get won't get lost in replies made to the original topic :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

It sounds like you're already making some nice progress in the right direction with your swimming and feeling relief at getting your dx :clap: :clap: :clap:

Meds wise, it can take a while to find the right cocktail that makes a difference to you, as you're discovering :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: Hopefully this is the start of things starting to behave a little more suitably for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

You'll find lots of info and advice on here, support and understanding, as well as a bit of :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: and :lol: :lol: :lol: when we can. Anything you're wondering about, either have a look and/or use the Search function to see what comes up. You can also ask about things too, anything that pops up, we'll try and help you with it :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby angejane » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:15 pm

Thank you for the nice welcome. Looking at the forums it's nice to know that people feel the same as you. That it takes a long while to get diagnosed and to get the right pain relief. My next step is wondering whether to inform work and I am always so tired. :sleep:
angejane
UKFM Newbie

Pain in the neck,literally

Postby Minilady » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:27 pm

Hi everyone..new to the forum. Does anyone else suffer with Fibro in their neck?? I have recently had a bad flare up and am relying on alternative therapies...as I can't take conventional medicines. :roll:
Minilady
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:03 pm

As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Minilady » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:12 pm

Hi Lisa. Thanks for your reply. What is trigger point therapy,if you don't mind me asking?
Minilady
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:35 am

As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Minilady » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:42 pm

Thanks so much. Will be reading that in detail,for sure :)
Minilady
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello