[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - New, tired and need some pointers

New, tired and need some pointers

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New, tired and need some pointers

Postby star2k » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:17 pm

New here only really lurked before so please move if this is in the wrong section. :oops:

Need some help folks. After 16 years of being tested,ignored and routinely fobbed off a i've had a diagnosis, of sorts. My Gp suggested I had fibromyalgia about a year ago but couldn't say for sure without more tests. So after lots of blood tests a referral to the rhumatologist. I seen was seen at rheumatology today for xray and blood results and he said its 'highly likely i have it' gave me a leaflet, told me to see my Gp in a few weeks to give him time to get my letter and that's it, now discharged. I am pleased i'm not doo-lally :crazy: and its 'real' after it has been suggested it was in my head, I'm not depressed or attention seeking. :nono:

I do however get very anxious and weepy even seeing my Gp (any at the surgery really) for my pill let alone asking for painkillers which i tightly ration so i dont have to go back, I am changing my gp as they are a waste of time and really not very nice but would this be better to do when they have the hospital letter? I have a few questions that i need to have sorted before i see my GP.... what are the usual 'start off' meds? I ask because i am still breastfeeding and obviously not going to stop just because an ill informed gp cant be bothered to look in the books. So i will do my own research and go prepared.

I am lucky i have a very supportive and understanding husband and 5 amazing children. I just need some pointers please :-D
star2k
UKFM Newbie

Re: New, tired and need some pointers

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:53 pm

:welcome: to our FibroFamily star :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

I've jiffled you over into here with this being your into post, it's a more suitable board so will hopefully mean you get some decent replies :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

As for you not going doo~lally, now you've joined us that could change as sometimes the best way of getting thru the FibroDays involves a bit of :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: and a bit of :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Wrt to meds, this tells you about the types of meds than can be used to try and help manage things. As for what tends to be tried at first, generally it is something like Amitriptyline. Whilst originally an anti~depressant, it has been found to help with sleep and pain issues in conditions such as FM. You may also be given stronger painkillers than what you are able to buy otc, depending on how things are for you. You would need to check with your GP, Pharmacist or other suitably qualified healthcare professional about the effects there may be when taking them whilst breastfeeding.

Whilst you're waiting for the next stage of things to happen, you could have a read and a looky around the site. The boards are full of all sorts info and advice, covering many, many subjects. In amongst it all you may find some useful ideas and suggestions to try out :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: New, tired and need some pointers

Postby atko64 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:18 pm

Hi I'm new to this forum so I'm not sure where to post a question.
I attended the pain clinic today as I have Fibro and CFS. After all the
prodding and questions I was told to do some exercises, stop the oramorph and come back in 2 weeks to see the nurse. What will happen at the appointment ? He also went on to say that it will take months to get some relief and it may end up with a 3 week stay in hospital. This concerns me of what to expect. I thought they may alter some of my meds as I'm on so many.
If anyone has been through this please explain to me what to expect. Many thanx x x x
atko64
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello