[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Unsure of what happens next

Unsure of what happens next

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Unsure of what happens next

Postby raki85 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:58 am

I have recently been told I have fibro I went to the doc thinking I had arthritis. The prof at the hospital told me I have fibro and that is should not effect my daily life and that I am making myself disabled witch I was shocked by. Some days I can not get out of bed and like now I can not sleep because of the pAin. This can be quite lonely when no one belives how much this illness can effect you. I am only 29 and feel helpless I have two kids a house and business to run. Feel lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
raki85
UKFM Newbie

Re: Unsure of what happens next

Postby carlz25 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:44 am

That's the worst part for me. When people just look at you as if to say yea right!!
I'm told all the time to listen to my body and stop pushing, but with daily life I can't.
I'm slowly learning to pace myself when I feel good and how to stop even if I'm feeling no pain. These are things you'll pick up yourself tho.
In terms of doc, I thought mine was fantastic until last week she just sat and stared through me as if she was bored stiff listening to me so I've decided that I'm just going to try my hardest and get on with life gently and at my own pace.
Each person is different and what works for one person may not work for another, this illness is very much trial and error until you find balance.
Hope you start to get your head round it soon xx

carlz25
UKFM Member

Postby raki85 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:03 pm

I just hate how people think it's all in your mind until they experience it they have no idea. I love the gym I go everyday but since finding out about the fibro I've really become anti social I have to prepare myself I advance for nights out and god do I pay for it the day after even if I don't drink alcohol. I suppose I will find my feet soon. It's the worse when ppl close to u don't understand my bf thinks I'm being over dramatic ha maybe that's just because he's a man xx

raki85
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:57 pm

:welcome: to our little escape from it all raki85 :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

I've jiffled you over into here with this being your intro as it's a more suitable board and won't get lost in amongst the genral, non~fibro type things :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

I have to admit, I was a bit :shock: :shock: :shock: reading what the prof that dx'd you said :roll: :roll: :roll: Altho it happens in varying degrees for each of us, FM does impact on our lives, in every and any way, shape and form it can :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Altho things seem very dark and bleak at the moment, there are little glimmers along the way to help you find the way thru this stage of things. They may be a bit difficult to spot at the moment, but they do start to get a little brighter the further you go, and hopefully, with you now finding and joining us, we'll be able to offer you support and understanding, as well as a bit of info and advice, when you need it to help make things :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: along a little smoother for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Going to the gym is a :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: thing to do. Along with your general wellbeing, keeping as mobile and flexible as you can can make a difference to just how stiff and sore you may be. Be prepared to have a degree of flexibility in the types of exercise you do, as well as how long you do them for, for those days when things are a bit flarey.

Wrt your boyfriend and how he may think about your condition, you might want to try and get him to read and/or as they both do a brilliant job of explaining what it can be like to live with a chronic condition.

There lots of other stuff across the boards, so when you get a mo, have a bit of a looky and a read, you may come cross some useful suggestions to try out that help make things a little more manageable for you :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby raki85 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:48 pm

Thnk u fluppypuffy I appriate the input still finding my way rd this app gona av a look tonight has I don't get much sleep I'm still waiting on being put on medication that will suit me. I'm a proud person don't like defeat but with own business house kids etc think I need to relise I'm not superwoman lol x

raki85
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:45 pm

The realisation that we're SuperMum/SuperWoman does hit hard, esp when you're used to meeting yourself in the middle coming backwards, as well as juggling all the family stuff with a bit of the work stuff thrown in for an encore :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
If you can start to make some changes to help make things a little easier, it will stand you in good stead in the longer term.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:15 am

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby debsmith » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:13 pm

Hia all

The prof and what he said is disgusting!!! And how rude too how dare he say it shouldn't affect ur daily life when it so does! I'm not u but I'd put a letter in writting about his manner + lack of anything!! Poor u "some" dr,s are great + have empathy etc sum really shouldn't b dr,s! :scream-1: :scream-1: :scream-1: im sure every 1 here found it + still do hard to accept this flippin fibro i also work part time + finding things very hard now i have to pace myself as 4 housework i cant during week daughter does it 4me luckily! i try + help weekends but normaly recovering ready 4 the nxt week! have u been refered 2 a pain clinic? im off to it 2morrow with my list of extra,s grrrrrrrr my gp lovely + does listen/understand im on a new drug now but only take at night oramorph and it helps i dont have 8hrs kip but a steady 4hr block and thats good 4me!

good luck with everything and dr,s if u ever read these forum,s sort it out its no damm joke! we need support not rubbish behaviour! not acceptable :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: xx
debsmith
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello