Recently Diagnosed

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Recently Diagnosed

Postby Tennisfan21 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:09 pm

Hi, I'm Kerry and have recently being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and am really struggling to get my head around it. I have always been a very active person and the last 2 years I have been struggling with pain and motivation. I don't really have anyone to talk to and was hoping to speak to those who understand what it is like on a day to day basis.
Tennisfan21
UKFM Newbie

Re: Recently Diagnosed

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:43 pm

:welcome: to our FibroFamily Kerry :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

How you're finding things at the moment is pretty typical of what happens when you've been told you have FM. Most of us have been thru a similar stage so understand how it can make you think and feel :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

There is usually someone around/not too far away with a reply, so if you want to give us some ideas of how and what you're struggling with, there may be some suggestions to try out that help make finding your way thru this chaos and confuzzlation a touch easier for you.

One of the main approaches we tend to use, esp just after being dx'd is taking each day bit~by~bit, trying not to look too far forward. Living in "the now" and dealing with what is currently in front of you can help lift some of those worries about what might happen a tad further down the line.

If you can do something like this, as well as giving yourself time for stuff to settle back down and make a little more sense, you will start to find your way thru all the swirling blackness onto a slighter brighter and more manageable path :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Tennisfan21 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:16 pm

Thank you for that lovely welcome. What I'm stuggling with is how will I manage in the future, I live by myself and have no one to talk to when I'm having a rough day. Also what can I do to help with this, any food, supplements, exercise etc which anyone has found to be helpful. I always wondered why I couldn't think straight some days and now I know why. I'm only 39 and feel 80 some days. I play a lot of tennis and have to take pain killers before I go and after. I am also a dancer but have had to take a back seat with this as my joints seem to hurt so much after. I suffer with pain in my back, neck and wrists. I saw the Rheumatologist a couple week ago where they diagnosed me and that was it, no other support or options offered, just told to go and read a website???
Tennisfan21
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:00 pm

Hi tennisfan and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Tennisfan21 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:02 am

Hi Denys thanks for the welcome :wave: :wave:
Tennisfan21
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello