[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi everybody

Hi everybody

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi everybody

Postby chantz77 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:49 am

firstly i would just like to say hi to everyone on in the forum, its nice to know there is somewhere where you can share your experiences and get advice and the same time.

i'm a 36 yr old mother of 5, and since the birth of my 5th child just under 5 years ago, my life has changed dramatically. without going into too much detail the birth was difficult and i left the hospital on crutches unable to walk without them. over the last 4 years + i have been to the doctors on numerous occasions, trying to find out what is wrong with me. i have had countless blood tests and all to no avail. ive suffered from low back/hip pain, at times i am unable to walk faster than a snails pace, ive suffered problems with my shoulders and neck, any movements that stretch my muscles tend to make me seize up.sometimes sitting down is worse than standing as my back and hips tend to ache more. Recently my knees and wrist joined in on the attack .

I've been to physiotherapists who are unable to assist me. i recently was attending sessions at St Johns Wood orthopedic clinic, but i had to pay per session and my finances could not take it.

This week my dr indicated that it could possibly be fibromyalgia, and after looking into the condition i feel this could be it. I know im no dr, but i need to why i feel the way i do. In terms of how i used to be, i feel like im a shadow of who i used to be. i do try and maintain my identity but its hard when it feels like your body is working against you.

I've tried to maintain myself as best as i can, but as a single parent with possibly this condition. i have been unable to work. i rely heavily on my car to take my youngest children to and from school and nursery. I've only recently accepted that i am ill and i need help, so i have only just made an application for PIP. i am hoping i get awarded the highest mobility award so i can get some assistance with my car. I've struggled for the last 4 years doing it all myself and as a result i am financially drained not to mention emotionally.

I hope you all forgive me for going on a bit but its a huge relief to know your not alone in how you feel.

I welcome any advice going, thanks for listening
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split large paragraph into smaller ones and a bit of punctuation twiddling for easier reading.
chantz77
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi everybody

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:32 pm

:welcome: to our little FibroFamily chantz :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

I've made the paragraphs in your post a little clearer, as well as twiddling with the punctuation a little, to make things a bit easier to read. Quite a few of us on here struggle when it comes to reading larger blocks of text, and end up getting lost as well as reading the same bit over and over again :facepalm: :facepalm:

There's nothing to forgive where what you have said is concerned :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: We have all been in very similar places, so understand what you're going thru at the moment.

With how a condition such as FM infects every single aspect of our lives, finding yourself emotionally drained and a shadow of your former self is part of the process unfortunately :( :( However, it isn't all heavy swirling darkness. Once you have a definite dx, and start finding the right balance of meds, treatments, therapies etc that helps you, it does start to get a little lighter and brighter again. And whilst you may not get back to being the exact~same person you were pre~dx, the essence of who you are will start to appear again.

While you're waiting to see if it is FM that is responsible for how you are, have a bit of a looky around the boards. Maybe start with Help/Tips On Coping. It's full of all sorts of things that members have found to make a difference to them in managing their condition. You could come across some suggestions to try out that help make things a touch more manageable.

As well as the info on the boards, you can ask about things that may be whizzing thru your head as well, and we'll try and help you with it :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello