New to it all!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New to it all!

Postby Lorirach » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:01 pm

Hi,

I am new to forums as well as being newly diagnosed with FM. Finding it all a bit overwhelming. I have a wonderful husband who does try to understand but I guess unless you are in constant pain and are constantly exhausted you cannot understand what it is like.

Not really sure what to write as I am new to forums and really haven't got a clue what I a doing, but it's nice knowing I'm not alone and that this pain/exhaustion isn't just me finding a way not to go to work!! - I am a nurse but am currently finding it too much to manage a whole shift.

Anyway, just thought I would post a 'hello'.
Lorirach
UKFM Member

Re: New to it all!

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:52 pm

:welcome: Lorirach :mrgreen:

You have come to a great place for advice, support and information.

Im sure theres others here who can help you with advice about work. We also have a DWP/working board with lots of topics about problems with working with fibro.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby denys » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:44 am

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Angie376 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:50 pm

Hi Lorirach. Welcome to the forum.

I felt the same as you about using forums but I have to say that I have found everyone on here, kind and supportive and I am sure you will do to. So if you ever need any advice or just want to rant, this is definitely the place for it. X

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Angie376
UKFM Newbie

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:29 pm

Hi, and welcome to our ever frowning family hehe. Ask anything as everyone here really lovely and will try to put your mind at rest ,don't no how I'd cope without ppl here.hugsxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby Lorirach » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:39 pm

Thank you everyone :)

I started back to work last week and I cannot believe how much pain I have been in and how exhausted :( I hate how this illness is so invisible....I think the people at work think I am making it up as we are all under a lot of pressure, patients being horrible and we are always under-staffed! So I am not really helping as I was off work for 2 months but I needed that time off.

Anyway, it has helped just reading other peoples stories and knowing it's not all in my head, that the exhaustion I feel is real! :) Thanks for being a support to turn to, I appreciate it :) x
Lorirach
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello