Welcome to the Jungle?

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Welcome to the Jungle?

Postby MrSunshine » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:45 pm

Hi, I'm Darren a 40 yr old male living in sometimes sunny Dorset. I have Dysthymia, which I've had since birth, and IBS and have recently been diagnosed as having Fibromyalgia (I'm still learning to spell it!). It's like a Triple Crown with no crown!OK, this is now officially the most gloomy introduction I've ever given.

I'm easy going and an open book so happy to discuss anything and everything. While I'll keep medical stuff for relevant sections in the forum I'm hoping to gather some information about Fibromyalgia...that is, useful information from actual sufferers rather than relying on Wikipedia. So not to be a taker, I'm a wealth of knowledge on anti-depressants if anyone needs any advice having been on them on and off for a long time and having been prescribed most of the many varieties available at some point (with Fluoxetine been the current tablet of choice).

I work full-time, though am off sick this week, as a Business Analyst but am hoping to get back into Web Design and I'm in the process of trying to get my own business going with the hope of living the ultimate dream of working from home (I set low standards). I write in my spare time and used to earn good pocket money selling articles online (sold over 300). I may do that again if time allows but then I do have my Oscar-winning screenplay to finish...I'm on page 11.

I'm a bit of a geek and tend to be good with anything technical. This does not include cars with which I have had a long and unpleasant history with. I used to enjoy golf and though I haven't been able to play for over a year I cannot bring myself to sell the clubs. OK what else, I'm single, never married, no kiddies, god this is hard....I hate writing about myself. Though I've managed 3 paragraphs...if only I was this productive in my other writing.

Anyway, that's enough for now, you probably know more about me than people who've known me for years :lol:
MrSunshine
UKFM Newbie

Re: Welcome to the Jungle?

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:37 pm

:welcome: sunshine, glad you have found us rather then mr googly and Wiki :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Lots of information accross the boards that can help and if you need to ask anything just shout :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby denys » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:51 am

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave: you sound as though you have a very interesting life :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Tracey24 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:44 pm

It certainly is a JUNGLE! At the moment everywhere i turn seems to have unanswered questions! Is this how it's going to be?
Keep fighting, smile through the pain!
Tracey24
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello