Um, hi there!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Um, hi there!

Postby bouncer0304 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:51 pm

I'm a 27 year old Welsh lady who feels 72! I was diagnosed with Degenerative disc disease in January last year then Fibromyalgia in August- so basically i hurt a lot, hqve the memory of an elephant who's lost its memory and walk like Quasimodo ;-). I'm currently waiting for my assessment and worried as so many on here are. I try my best and am lucky to have a sister who is extremely understanding about the whole thing as sadly my dad isn't really. Strange thing about all this is that my uncle and my auntie have this condition as well so they've been great too. Not sure what else to say really except hello and thanks for having me!
bouncer0304
UKFM Member

Re: Um, hi there!

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:51 pm

:welcome: to our little sanctuary bouncer :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

I'm also a member of the Walking Like Quasimodo and Lost :elephant: Memory clubs :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: As for the age thing, if I add a century onto my age, then double it, I get a little closer to how old I feel at times. On a younger~feeling day, I only feel about double my age, which is the closest I can get to good these days.

Is the assessment you're waiting for to do with a benefit claim??? If so, maybe have a bit of a looky at the DWP, Working & Benefits board. There are quite a few who have posted about being at various stages of the process at the moment, having a bit of a read at what they have said might be helpful to you.

There is lots of other info and advice across the other boards as well, so have a bit of a looky at some of it when you get a chance, you may come across some suggestions and ideas to try out that may help you :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby hippychick » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:52 am

Oh bouncer you've sooo got my sympathies, as I expect you have with virtually every poster on this forum :crazy: And I want to apologize in advance for what I'm about to post and in effect hijack your very important post but....I'm desperate!!!!!

HELP!!!!!!! Login probs!!!!
I'm probably NOT in the right place but I seem unable to find any 'contact us' doodah to try and get hold of an administrator, so as a last resort I've just browsed for any of you in any post so that I could PM you and then THAT wouldn't happen because I've forgotten how to type the bloomin' message into a PM attached to a post on a thread........and taking a breath.....
Please help [color=#FF0000]fluppy
OR any ADMINISTRATOR who's about if you can because I'm desperate to 'do stuff' on the forum. I'd forgotten my password, (bloomin' fibrofog strikes again), so clicked the appropriate bit and was sent a temporary password to allow me to log in. That worked, but when I then tried to change my password to something with a remote chance of me ever remembering it, all was fine until I had to enter 'current password' whereupon I retyped the temporary password and it says I'm not entering the correct one.....ohhhh woe is me......
Seriously hoping you can help me
flupp or Buffyboo or Lisa or anybody...... and I'm terrified of closing the website now till I'm sorted!!!!!
Eagerly awaiting your help and will leave the website on and check back as often as I can throughout the day in the hope you'll be about to help me......many thanks in advance because I know you're all wonderfibromites and will be able to come to my wescue asap. Gentle Fibrohugs from hippychick

Soooo sorry bouncer, for hijiacking your thread but as you might determine from this waffle....I'm a desperate fibromite and nooooobody wants to mess with one of those do they? :nono: :nono: :nono: [/color]

Extra special gentle hugglies from hippychick....brainless human......
hippychick
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:45 pm

Just spotted this HC, will see what can be done to get you logged in properly. If you want/need to pm me, on the right hand side of any post I've made, under my avatar and the number of posts etc, there is a little box with a sort of person~shaped logo in it, with "PM" next to it. Clicky on that and it should open up the screen for you to send a pm. It will probably have the forum post quoted in it, so delete it and type your message. Hopefully them, when you press "Submit" it will find its way to my Inbox :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:58 pm

Oh dear HC, who is buffyboo :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: You have given the whole moderating team a great deal to smile about :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: hope you manage to get logged back on :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back to the OP sorry bouncer and :welcome: to the forum hope we can manage to give you the help and support you need, we have so much info on here but if its not what you need help with then just ask away and we will do our best to help you find some answers :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby hippychick » Thu May 01, 2014 8:34 am

denys wrote:Oh dear HC, who is buffyboo :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: You have given the whole moderating team a great deal to smile about :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: hope you manage to get logged back on :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back to the OP sorry bouncer and :welcome: to the forum hope we can manage to give you the help and support you need, we have so much info on here but if its not what you need help with then just ask away and we will do our best to help you find some answers :-D :-D :-D :-D

Buffyboo used to be a moderator on here and yes, it is a lubberly name :lol: And yes, I'm all logged back in thanx to Flupps and the wonder who is Artywotsit, (sorry, should've made a note of his proper username, but I'm eggggstremely grateful nonetheless), and thrilled to be so, albeit I'm far from wot you'd call a 'regular' these days. Too many cardigans etc. needing knitting/crocheting for the 3 ankle biters, I mean.....grandchildren ;-) 3 of them under 3, keeps my arthritic fingers busy if nowt else :roll: .

I'd also like to really :welcome: you to the mad house bouncer. I've been a member for yonks and find it's the one place you can turn to when times are really ruff and know that you won't be judged for how low or grumpy you may feeling but will defo get a lubberly cozy feeling of virtual gentle hugs from your fellow fibromites. Our fibro will be treated with support but more importantly, most of the time, with humour and lots of it ;-)

So, humble apologies for having hijacked your post yesterday but I was SERIOUSLY desperate to get back in :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Hope you find the forum as helpful as the rest of us do. :chicken-dance: :grouphug:

Gentle hugglies,
Hippy
hippychick
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu May 01, 2014 1:56 pm

Buffyboo must have been far before my time, I've been moderator now for about 3 and 1/2 years and Lead for about 3 years Artisan is the tech guy but if you have problems then let one of us know and we will contact him on your behalf. He is amazing and keeps us going no matter what :lol: :lol: :lol: He is also the one who finds us all the great smillies so we can decorate our posts the way we like.

At the moment the mods who are around to help are myself (Denys), Fluppypuffy, *Lisa* and helenvirgo as Shazq and Loubie have been quite poorly and are not fit enough yet to help.

So if anyone has any problems then dont hesitate to PM one of us and we will sort things for you.
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello