Hello! New and would like to meet up with others with fibro

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello! New and would like to meet up with others with fibro

Postby HeatherB61 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:35 pm

Hi - I'm Heather, am 53 and was diagnosed with fibro about 5 years ago. I also have lots of arthritic joints and a few other health issues, but it's the fibro (and depression) that irritate me most :roll: I had to quit work soon after I was diagnosed, and fairly typically have been through the ATOS/DWP wringer several times - and find other people's attitudes and ignorance (and being thought to be a lazy hypochondriac scrounger!) upsets me more than anything. I know I shouldn't care what they think - but I still do :(

I have 3 lovely children though - two sons (22 and 23) and a daughter (18), two dogs, three cats, and am very happily divorced lol! I live near Northwich in Cheshire. Do any of you live nearby - and are there any local support groups? :)

Heather
(Please feel free to PM or email me - I'll reply if/when I remember, as I have a memory like a sieve and the attention span of a fish!)
HeatherB61
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello! New and would like to meet up with others with fi

Postby denys » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:35 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello