Disappointment and Relief with Diagnosis

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Disappointment and Relief with Diagnosis

Postby johnashu » Fri May 02, 2014 11:11 am

Hi everyone,

Been recently diagnosed with Fibro, Having just stabilised serious Bipolar.

I thought it was Bi polar, Then worse like Ms or a brain Tumour , rheumatoid arthritis, chrons (insert horrible illness here) - all justified with family history etc..

Anyhow it was none of the above and in all honesty i was positive and hopeful it was osteoarthritis after blood tests and that came back clear.

having following 3d printing advancements there was hope in that area, printing new cartilage etc!

When my GP said it i had no idea what i was so went and had a read.

well explains a lot but not ideal

anyhow, i am 32 years old, male and have had hell with fibro since at least aug 2012!

my name is John and I live in Newcastle.. The Toon that is.

I am prescribed pregabalin and MST which is prob the only reason i have wrote this, having lurked for a few weeks!

Anyhoo, Hello and Good Wishes! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-) :-) :lol: 8-)
I am a Bi-polatic-Fibromyalgic.. I am Obsessive and Sceptical. I am a right Polymath..

"The only way to be always right, is to change your mind when you are proved wrong. Celebrate your mistakes as knowledge gained"
johnashu
UKFM Member

Re: Disappointment and Relief with Diagnosis

Postby gazmo87 » Fri May 02, 2014 11:51 am

Hey man I'm new here too (former lurker). I had the same problem thinking its going to be this or its going to be that, thanks for sharing :D
Gaz is about peace and love, in a non hippy way :D , hear to chat to if you need me
gazmo87
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri May 02, 2014 1:18 pm

:welcome: to our little piece of cyber heaven John :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

It's nice to be able to put a name to a couple of the Guests that see having a read of things :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

I think most of us have had similar thoughts about what could be wrong with us at some point along the way. The vagueness of the condition with nothing showing up in tests and scans and it's unpredictable nature does nothing to help those wonderings and thinkings :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Anything that you're wondering about, just ask. With the info and advice on here, there's a good chance someone else will have had a similar experience that could help helpful to you. There is also support and understanding as well as a bit of :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: as it can all help with living with this condition :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby johnashu » Fri May 02, 2014 1:22 pm

I know what you mean.

I think it has just taken time to sink in and trying ti
introduce myself in the most positive way considering :-D

In 32, up until 2012 I felt and acted like a kid, since I feel like an old man.lol

Where are you from. Gaz?
I am a Bi-polatic-Fibromyalgic.. I am Obsessive and Sceptical. I am a right Polymath..

"The only way to be always right, is to change your mind when you are proved wrong. Celebrate your mistakes as knowledge gained"
johnashu
UKFM Member

Postby johnashu » Fri May 02, 2014 1:26 pm

FluppyPuffy wrote::welcome: to our little piece of cyber heaven John :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

It's nice to be able to put a name to a couple of the Guests that see having a read of things :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

I think most of us have had similar thoughts about what could be wrong with us at some point along the way. The vagueness of the condition with nothing showing up in tests and scans and it's unpredictable nature does nothing to help those wonderings and thinkings :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Anything that you're wondering about, just ask. With the info and advice on here, there's a good chance someone else will have had a similar experience that could help helpful to you. There is also support and understanding as well as a bit of :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: as it can all help with living with this condition :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Thanks for the welcome.

Lost for words encourages the lurk.

Support is a two way street here it appears.

I hope I can provide support as well as gaining

;-)

johnashu
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri May 02, 2014 1:43 pm

I'm sure you will, a few :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: go a long, long way on here as, even if no advice can be given, just knowing that someone else has read what has been posted can help lift how the OP may be feeling.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby gazmo87 » Fri May 02, 2014 3:08 pm

johnashu wrote:I know what you mean.

In 32, up until 2012 I felt and acted like a kid, since I feel like an old man.lol

Where are you from. Gaz?

Haha yeah i felt fit as a fiddle myself up until the last 5 or so years, now I feel sometimes 50 sometimes 80 lol, depends on how bad i am on the day, I'm from Wales myself, newcastle supporter though :p
Gaz is about peace and love, in a non hippy way :D , hear to chat to if you need me
gazmo87
UKFM Member

Postby johnashu » Fri May 02, 2014 7:47 pm

gazmo87 wrote:

Where are you from. Gaz?

Haha yeah i felt fit as a fiddle myself up until the last 5 or so years, now I feel sometimes 50 sometimes 80 lol, depends on how bad i am on the day, I'm from Wales myself, newcastle supporter though :p

I just try and go slow lol! get there in the end.

A geordie welshman.. sounds like a canny hybrid lol..
the toon aint doing too well.. most of newcastle just hate pardew and ashley.. blame those two for everything, which i admit i always find amusing..

im so so with football.. i always would rather be playing!

maybe ill get into watching more and shouting at the screen as if i could do better lol :)

johnashu
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri May 02, 2014 10:56 pm

Hi John and :welcome: to the forum I am originally from South Shields but have lived on the Wirral for a lot of years :lol: Most of my family are Geordies and I still have quite a few dotted around different bits of Newcastle.

The best way to cope with this condition is to take things slowly, baby steps all the way. I'm sure you will be a very supportive member and have already read a number of your posts with interest (the ones about vitamins etc.) anyway I'm very glad to see you have stopped lurking and decided to come out to play. :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby johnashu » Fri May 02, 2014 11:06 pm

denys wrote:Hi John and :welcome: to the forum I am originally from South Shields but have lived on the Wirral for a lot of years :lol: Most of my family are Geordies and I still have quite a few dotted around different bits of Newcastle.

The best way to cope with this condition is to take things slowly, baby steps all the way. I'm sure you will be a very supportive member and have already read a number of your posts with interest (the ones about vitamins etc.) anyway I'm very glad to see you have stopped lurking and decided to come out to play. :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Hey,

thanks for the relpy..

i was born in manchester, we have swapped sides ::)

slowly slowly seems to be where i am heading, i am good at adapting, although this is a canny blow!

i'm used to being fast as **** ;)

anyhow...
:)

johnashu
UKFM Member

Postby gazmo87 » Sat May 03, 2014 12:20 pm

johnashu wrote:
gazmo87 wrote:

Where are you from. Gaz?

I just try and go slow lol! get there in the end.

A geordie welshman.. sounds like a canny hybrid lol..
the toon aint doing too well.. most of newcastle just hate pardew and ashley.. blame those two for everything, which i admit i always find amusing..

im so so with football.. i always would rather be playing

maybe ill get into watching more and shouting at the screen as if i could do better lol :)

Pardew isn't so bad, ashley is the problem, I prefer rugby though, them wales v England matches are always epic, don't worry about playing for real just grab an Xbox lol
gazmo87
UKFM Member

Postby johnashu » Sat May 03, 2014 12:23 pm

PS3 fifa 14 lol

one of few pleasures!

do you play?

johnashu
UKFM Member

Postby gazmo87 » Sat May 03, 2014 12:44 pm

I play on Xbox, didn't get on with the ps3 mate
gazmo87
UKFM Member

Postby johnashu » Sat May 03, 2014 5:09 pm

gazmo87 wrote:I play on Xbox, didn't get on with the ps3 mate

ha. i meant to say do you play online lol!

johnashu
UKFM Member

Postby gazmo87 » Sat May 03, 2014 5:26 pm

johnashu wrote:
gazmo87 wrote:I play on Xbox, didn't get on with the ps3 mate

ha. i meant to say do you play online lol!

Yes mate I like a bit of online console gaming :)
gazmo87
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Where to Say Hello