Introduction and my story

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Introduction and my story

Postby gazmo87 » Fri May 02, 2014 11:40 am

Hello all, my name is Gaz. Iv never openly talked about my problems before so I might sound a little stupid, but I thought i NEED to share my problems with people alike.

From my teen years I always suffered from depression, I slipped into the wrong side of life, I started taking valium and drinking heavily which went on from the age of 16 till i was about 19, I started to work a lot and found myself in a much better place, I'd never taken an anti depressant before but I was suffering from depression related fatigue while i was working so I decided to finally talk to a doctor about my problems and he put me straight onto lofepramine which worked wonders.

I was almost 20, had sorted my life out, got a decent job, and the anti depressants made me feel amazing, life was at its best since my innocent child years. A year went by and I was due to be promoted in work, I was offered the job of supervisor and I swiftly accepted.

Here's where to things start to go wrong. I was about 21 years old and I was waking up very tired, feeling very fluey and stiff for what felt like months, it gradually got worse and other symptoms arose to the point where I was missing work, and eventually I was fired.

I was 22 now, I started suffering horrendous shortness of breath and then the most scary thing ever as a smoker, I was coughing up blood!. I went to A&E department terrified, I was tired, couldn't breath, and in pain, they did a chest xray and it came back totally fine, they gave me some anti-biotics and sent me on my way. The anti biotics didnt work so I went to see my doctor who done test after test until we came to the conclution that it was acid chewing up my esophogus causing blood to come up.

By now my pain was incredible, anti depressants didnt seem to help anymore, I was convinced I had cancer and doctors just couldnt detect it. Another horrific year went by and I started doing some research of my own, I thought it may be lupus, but I was wrong, finally I met a new doctor whom studied me greatly, to cut the next part short, I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I was about 24 now and the medication testing started, "well try this, if it doesnt work well try this".

Heres a short list of drugs I have tried in the last 3 years (since diagnosis), Prozac, amatryptaline, olanzapine, trazadone, sertraline, mertazapine, temazapam, clonazapam. I could go on but its pointless, you get the point by now. Finally I was put on a drug i'm sure you know "co-codamol", I took this drug along with diazepam. It worked great for a while and eventually co-codamol was changed and instead I was put on Dihydracodene. This worked great for a while to.

I'm in a good place now, I still suffer great pain and depression, and the obvious other thigs like IBS and acid reflux, but i'm happy because I KNOW whats wrong with me. Last week my doctor changed me to a new drug to take alongside my diazepam and co codamol called "oxycodone oral solution". Ive heard its strong dangerous stuff so im a little apprehensive to say the least. Anyway thats all I can think to write for now, so peace out, Gaz.
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Fri May 02, 2014 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split large paragraph into smaller ones and a bit of punctuation twiddling for easier reading
Gaz is about peace and love, in a non hippy way :D , hear to chat to if you need me
gazmo87
UKFM Member

Re: Introduction and my story

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri May 02, 2014 12:22 pm

:welcome: to our FibroFamily Gaz :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

I've split your post into smaller paragraphs to make it a little easier to read. One of the little gems FM has bestowed upon some of us is problems with reading large blocks of text :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: It means we often get lost and end up reading the same bit over and over again :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

It's good to hear that you're in a good place now, your journey there seems to have been a bumpy one, like so many of us, but now you've reached that point, it certainly helps dealing with things just that little bit easier :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

You'll find lot of info across the boards, support and understanding, and even a bit of fun too, as it all helps with getting thru the FibroDays :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Anything you want to know about, just ask away and we'll try to help you with it :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby gazmo87 » Fri May 02, 2014 12:37 pm

Ok thanks fluppy, and apologies for my bad grammar lol.
Gaz is about peace and love, in a non hippy way :D , hear to chat to if you need me
gazmo87
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri May 02, 2014 1:20 pm

No worries Gaz :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Fri May 02, 2014 11:23 pm

Hi Gaz and :welcome: as Flup has said hopefully we can help you along the way and I'm sure you will have some helpful tips for others and we never worry about grammar or spelling we all seem to manage to get the gist of things :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby gazmo87 » Sat May 03, 2014 12:15 pm

denys wrote:Hi Gaz and :welcome: as Flup has said hopefully we can help you along the way and I'm sure you will have some helpful tips for others and we never worry about grammar or spelling we all seem to manage to get the gist of things :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks denys and yes in sure I can help out particularly with medication advice to due a huge amount of experience :)
gazmo87
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat May 03, 2014 4:57 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello