hi...

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hi...

Postby calamitygayn » Wed May 07, 2014 2:00 pm

Hi everyone. Im gaynor and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 8 years ago. Gp has never believed the condition exists and even said that as it is so hard to diagnose and many dispute the disease that even rheumatologists make mistakes!
I also have type 1 diabetes. Currently im absolutely exhausted. I mean I sleep for 12 - 14 hours and wake like ive not slept. i feel like I have no life.

Im at a loss at what to do but some kind people on my diabetes site have suggested iron, vit b12 and D supplements.
I work self employed in childcare over 60 hours a week but have to work these hours to pay the bills etc.
just wanting any words of wisdom really as I really am ready to chuck everything in! At the end of my tether!
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Wed May 07, 2014 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made paragraphs clearer for easier reading.
calamitygayn
UKFM Newbie

Re: hi...

Postby Theresa34 » Wed May 07, 2014 8:20 pm

Welcome x I was diagnosed in Feb by my rheumatologist who I started seeing last year when I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis. I was 33 then and 34 now. I have three young children a hubby and two messy dogs! I've had severe pain since last year but have had issues for a few years like the morning stiffness, painful feet and lower back pain.

Is it possible for you to be referred to a rheumatologist to check you over? They do the pressure point test to see if you have fibro. Fibro people are often low in vitamin D so your gp should check that. A low vitamin D is 25 (whatever they measure it in) and mine was 10.5 so now on a supplement.

Do check out the forum, people are really friendly and offer great advice to eachother. There is also a facebook page but this forum gets used the most :-D
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Re: hi...

Postby denys » Thu May 08, 2014 10:43 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello