[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello

Hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello

Postby Dieselbear » Thu May 08, 2014 1:18 pm

I'm new to the forum, I'm 45, married, have 4 dogs and manage to work a couple of days a week in a job I love. I've have had fibromyalgia I think for many years, but was only diagnosed about a year and a half ago when it became impossible for me to do normal things, like get up in the morning, or stand up, make a cup of tea etc! I've been on gabapentin for about a year and with that and a few vitamins and minerals, at last I'm starting to feel normal again. I thought it might be nice to chat with people who are experiencing the same thing. Hello everyone!
Dieselbear
UKFM Member

Re: Hello

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu May 08, 2014 7:46 pm

:welcome: to our little sanctuary Dieselbear :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

You're in good company on here, quite a few of us are owned by doglets and other furryends :dogchasecat1: It's good to hear you're starting to feel some benefits from your cocktail, such stories can help others keep going to try and find the mix of things that can help them feel vaguely more huu~mon :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

You'll find lots of info and advice across the boards, as well as support and understanding and a bit of :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: to help with getting thru the FibroDays.

Just ask if there's anything you're wondering about, and we'll try and help you with it :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Thu May 08, 2014 10:29 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Dieselbear » Fri May 09, 2014 6:52 am

Hello Fluffy puppy and Denys, and thanks for the welcome, love the dogs. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions in the future, and if there's one thing I have learnt it's never to get ahead of yourself. I think my main problem at the moment is the foggy brain, and my head which at the moment feels like I have blown up balloons inside each ear waiting to go pop. I get so frustrated with myself. Don't laugh but it took me about 4 hours to sort my profile and post that first hello. I used to be a whiz with computers (many years ago), obviously not so much anymore. This post has been much easier - yay, I'm making progress! :dogchasecat1: hmmm, I don't think I've got the hang of the smileys! :-D
Dieselbear
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat May 10, 2014 5:29 pm

It takes us all just as long, dont worry the smillies become our lifeline :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello