[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Another newbie x

Another newbie x

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Another newbie x

Postby TNK* » Thu May 08, 2014 4:30 pm

Hi there, Ive just joined, was going to lurk a bit but then thought better of it!

I am pretty much certain ive had symptoms of FM for about 2 years, and definitely sure for the last 12 months, I went to my GP 2 weeks ago to tell her all about my aches and pains and fatigue, and i think i must be one of the very few folk who have not had to try to convince their GP, as it was her who mentioned FM, she sent me home with a script for Amitriptiline (sp), told me to go do some research and come back in a month.

Now I know it sounds like she fobbed me off a bit with the research bit, but I have medical training so she trusts me not to go all psycho on the research and come back and tell her ive got some sort of tropical disease.

Any way, im 2 weeks in, i have noticed some slight changes, like when i am awake i actually feel awake for a good spell and not just a minute or 2 then need to dive under the covers, a good day (like yesterday) feels really good and I felt like i could tackle anything, but to bring me down with a bump I am suffering today!

So that is me so far, Im sure ill have more to say once i get use to the place and the diagnosis!

You will be sorry I joined as i tend to never shut up xx

J xx
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep ºOº

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Re: Another newbie x

Postby gazmo87 » Thu May 08, 2014 6:23 pm

Welcome to the forum, glad you had such a straight forward diagnosis it's something a lot of us would have killed for. Any time you need a chat let me know!
Gaz is about peace and love, in a non hippy way :D , hear to chat to if you need me
gazmo87
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu May 08, 2014 7:19 pm

:welcome: to our little FibroFamily TNK* :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

2 weeks on Amitriptyline and already feeling like you're a step or 2 closer to being vaguely huu~mon is good going :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: With you having medical training, you'll probably be aware that it can be about a month for the full benefits from Amis to start making their presence really felt, so hopefully there will be even more nice changes in the next couple of weeks for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

As you get used to living with FM, you'll find the right way for you to pace yourself so that you can do things without {hopefully} too much being taken out of you. It is a bit fiddly and frustrating to start with, but once you find your groove it can help.

Anything you want to know about, all you need to do is ask, it doesn't usually take too long for someone to :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: along with a reply :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby TNK* » Thu May 08, 2014 9:51 pm

Thankyou for your welcomes, I am looking forward to getting to know you all xx
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep ºOº

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu May 08, 2014 10:08 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello